to side track a POST

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
popscomet

to side track a POST

Post by popscomet »

YA'll ever notice and OL POP is the worst to do it,,,SIDE TRACK someone's post......but I think that is just one of the things that make this forum so friendly and enjoyable to stay up with,,and why it is such a success...and as we all know this place is a success.....NO ONE EVER GETS BENT OUT OF SHAPE when side tracking takes place cause sooner or later things will get back on track....OH well ! hope all had a good 4th....thanks POP
pop/glenda

comethead

Re: to side track a POST

Post by comethead »

Hell Pop that reminds me
http://worldwarwings.com/holy-crap-c-17 ... goes-crazy

Thanks Johnnie! :lol:
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Your welcome Joe! Pop that's how you do it, side track it,throw up a link to a video, then blame someone else who said nothing! :lol: Pop you may be the worst but with proper training from the pros you'll get it down pat! :lol:
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

That's cool !! POP lives just a couple of miles from the AIR FORCE BASE,so those big planes fly over a lot,sometimes they are close to the tree tops it appears,at 1st it bugged me,NOW,rarely pay them any mind.Kinda like living at my old place for 32plus yrs,it was trains,you had to cross the tracks to get there and I lived less then a mile from the crossing,,we got to the point we seldom ever noticed one.,pop
pop/glenda

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

popscomet wrote:POP lives just a couple of miles from the AIR FORCE BASE,so those big planes fly over a lot,sometimes they are close to the tree tops it appears
Whiteman AF Base is just a couple of counties above us, they train down here and I have seen a lot of tree topping flights, the cool ones are the A-10s, a couple of years ago one of the A-10s decided to buzz a houseboat on the lake (thinking bikini clad, or less, girls were probably involved) and snagged the tail of the plane on some power lines, he flew back to base and I think got in a little trouble.

Stealth bombers are based at Whiteman and have seen them several times, but they are usually a bit higher up.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

comethead

Post by comethead »

I saw a cool documentary about the Whiteman B2s. They get in fly missions in Afghanistan and are home the next day! Awesome!

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Joe is this the same one as the fly over one?
Imagehost image online
Johno

comethead

Post by comethead »

No Johnnie. That's a hot dog mobile :?

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

DAD burnit JOHN,how much of PUGS fruit juice did you take home ? Can't you tell a weiner from a plane? :shock: :? :!: :wink: pop
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Fruit grows over here too! :)
Johno

comethead

Post by comethead »

That planes a C5. The fly past one is a C17.

I don't think the C17 has the hinged nose.

Trivia for you: the Boeing 747 and Lockheed C5 were both developed under the same government request for a heavy lift aircraft. They both originally had the hinged nose for loading cargo front and back. The C5 won the contract and the 747 went on to become the first wide body passenger plane and also a favorite civilian cargo jet. By losing the contract the 747 became the more successful design. Crazy!
In fact the C5s that are still around are getting newer engines and updated avionics. So they'll be flying a long time

Joe

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

Pop most all the fruit juice was consumed in PF. I think you and JL are the only ones that took any home. But Johnnie dos live in the sticks also. Can't wait to do it again, Pugs.
302 roller
4 speed
Real cars are built to be driven and driven hard!!!

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Hey Pop, I just ran in to this thread. it appears to have gotten side tracked, right from the get go. that's funny! it was all Joe's fault but I'll take the credit. :lol: so anyway, I'm glad we're back on track now! what was it ?, I think you were about to explain how to side track a post when you post got side tracked. :lol: :roll: :? :) :D :wink: :lol: :lol:
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

NO BIGGY,,,I look at it this way..........trains derail.....so why can't a post derail.....besides by now I have already forgotten what the subject was...OR I DIDN'T READ THE ENTIRE POST TO START WITH...HAVE YOU EVER RAN ACROSS SOMEONE THAT DOES THAT ???? :D :D 8) :wink: :shock: :shock:
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Yep. But your train of thought got derailed by airplanes! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Johno