DNA

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
lavron
Site Admin

DNA

Post by lavron »

I was looking for something the other day and ran across this picture of my Grandpa & Grandma, I was always told this was their wedding picture, I began to wonder if the love of mechanical stuff in in my DNA? If I can find it I will post a picture of my dad with his 56 Ford Fairlane, maybe some old ones of me with my Comet too :lol:

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

comethead

Re: DNA

Post by comethead »

Whoa that's cool!
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

That's great stuff .........pop
pop/glenda

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

i bet that bike would be worth alot today.my dad had a 56 ford fairlane too and they used it in the making of the movie,coal miners daughter.they gave him 150 dollars a day to use it
fryedaddy
Image1966 caliente,428 4 speed,4.11 gears,nitrous,parachute

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

We need a like button.
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

I can't find the picture of my dad with his '57 Fairlane (I know I said '56 earlier) but I did a painting of the photo a few years ago so here is a photo of the painting that is hanging in my office.
Dad was the one who made me a Ford man, he never really owned anything else, I found out since he passed, from one of my uncles (he is actually my dads cousin but is married to my mom's little sister) that several times he rolled the front tires off the wheels driving like a bandit around the back roads, he never mentioned that too me. This was the car he had when he met my mom.

Some of my best memories are me and dad working on, well trucks mostly, when I was in HS he bought a 73 with a 390 in it and got a new take-off grill from a '78 from the Ford dealership that had some bad spots in the anodizing and we made it into a '78, I guess the hot rod side of my dad came out occasionally and I remember once we went to KC and picked up a camper he had bought, we were sitting at a light after we picked up the camper and a Mustang or Cougar pulled up next to him and kept revving his motor, my dad said "Let's show this guy something" when the light changed he nailed it :roll: :lol: Yes we left the car in the rear view. Dad pulled that motor and we put a 302 in the truck because he thought it was a high mileage motor but when we pulled the engine was green on bottom which meant it was a rebuilt :roll: , we put the 390 a volunteer fireman's truck, I remember we gave it a test drive around the backroads after we put the 390 in and dad had to run the light and siren :roll:

My final little story about my dad for now, has to do with the one GM I know he bought, it was a motorhome, on the maiden voyage he was coming down to my house and the crank broke in it, they were about 5 miles from my house so he had it towed the rest of the way and he and mom stayed in it on the weekends when he was coming down to help me work on the house, one of my uncles brought a trailer down and they hauled it back home, he fixed it and sold it :lol:

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

COOL !! stuff like that is priceless....pop has owned a few 57 fords like the one your dad had.....to me they are one of the sharpest fords ever built,besides a 67 fairlane 2drht..........pop
pop/glenda

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

So my first car wasn't my Comet like I claim but it was a "Tee Bird" I remember I was so mad when my mom sold it, even though I was way too big to use it anymore.

I guess not officially Ford but they tried to make it look that way, this is probably around 1965-66.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

Awesome, did you paint the picture of your dad and the 57 or have it done. That is excellent work and if you did it you missed your calling. I would commission you for a picture or 2.
Careful your character's showing!

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

mopar 346 wrote:did you paint the picture of your dad and the 57
Yes I did it a long time ago, I haven't painted anything in years.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

comethead

Post by comethead »

Good stuff man! You have blue running through your veins Mike!
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

lavron wrote:
mopar 346 wrote:did you paint the picture of your dad and the 57
Yes I did it a long time ago, I haven't painted anything in years.

See Ya,
Mike

Get your paint brushes out, I need a grown up yard scene. If you need a picture I'll send you something to work with.
Careful your character's showing!

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

mopar 346 wrote:Get your paint brushes out
Paint brushes are not a problem, my paint all went south a long time ago.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

lavron wrote:So my first car wasn't my Comet like I claim but it was a "Tee Bird" I remember I was so mad when my mom sold it, even though I was way too big to use it anymore.

I guess not officially Ford but they tried to make it look that way, this is probably around 1965-66.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike you got that greaser look goin here. :lol: with the jeans & shirt sleeves rolled up & back of your collar pulled up a little too. COOL!! :D
Johno

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

poboyjo65 wrote:Mike you got that greaser look goin here. with the jeans & shirt sleeves rolled up & back of your collar pulled up a little too. COOL!!
:lol: :lol: Funny thing is my shirt looks like that in all the pictures when I was little, kinda rumpled :roll: This shirt appears to have my initials on the pocket I would guess someone made it for me.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread