No sure why there never was a INTERIOR Category?

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
lavron
Site Admin

No sure why there never was a INTERIOR Category?

Post by lavron »

So I might make a INTERIOR category if enough people think we would use it :roll:

I will ask here for now about an interior question but also a safety thing, I kinda want a shoulder belt in my car, has anyone installed one, or seen a good writeup anywhere, or know of a place that sells good ones.

I guess the one thing I am willing to spend a little extra money on is good sealtbelts, they don't have to be new if someone knows a good donor I could get some from.

I can use ones that would mount in a sedan and I have pretty much convinced myself to use the T-Bird seats and I think everyone agreed with that (trim or not) which have lap belts bolted too them but I don't have to use them. (they would need replaced anyway)

There is a Maverick in the JY and I wonder about them or if I could find a Pinto/M2 or the like, even though it has been forever since I have seen any of those. I don't want the kind that strap you down tight either :roll: guess I am kinda picky.

Anyhow, no rush just thought I might start looking.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

Santa's Comet

Re: No sure why there never was a INTERIOR Category?

Post by Santa's Comet »

I think it's a great idea! All interior items. I've been thinking on shoulder and rear belts for my 64 4dr.
NP Dave

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

This looks like maybe a good option, I would rather use new ones than old ones from the JY, price is not too bad, I assume it is per belt but haven't studied it long enough yet :roll:

https://www.seatbeltplanet.com/seatbelt ... der-belts/

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

I would not advise installing used belts though I did do that once. Pulled the belts out of a Pinto that I installed in my 66 mustang. Worked out real well and never had a problem with them. I would be reluctant to do that again.

http://www.julianos.com/default.asp

I installed 3 point belts in my ranchero. Had to install anchor points for the upper point plus relocated the bottom anchor points on the rocker side.

Installing 3 point belts in a sedan get a little more difficult and extremely difficult in an HT or convert. Not as many choices for the upper mount.

Adding an interior section might be a good thing as I see someone is always looking for interior materials and parts.

Ron

6t5404

Post by 6t5404 »

I have been searching for interior for a 65 Comet 404 2 dr. sedan, and have yet to come up with any. If anyone knows of a place to get them, please let me know.

albert

Post by albert »

Interior section........good idea
Albert's 65 289, polar white, black buckets, 5 speed, Autolite 4100, ps, pb, factory tach, crites hood, headers, dual exhaust

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

I vote YES for the interior section. I'm a long way from that point, but it would come in handy when I get there.
Jim

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

For sure - the weakest link in my Old Ford noggin...not that any of the links are that strong though! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :) :roll: :lol: :lol:
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

comethead

Post by comethead »

Procar makes a pretty decent looking bucket seat.
Second one in this video https://youtu.be/8Fqk-6Tl_no
(First one ain't bad either)

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Hey, Mike.....Whatever happened to that Interior category you suggested? It would be a great place for folks to post pics of the neat things they've done to their interiors, and for the rest of us to steal them shamelessly. :wink:
Jim

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

Hey Joe, I've used 3 set's of those Procar 90's (white ones in the video). I installed white ones in Deedie's buggy in 2011. They have held up well. I also used them on two different Manx build's. What's nice is Scat will sell you material by the yard to make the rear seat match.
Now, a fellow Dune buggy builder put them in his car and had some issue's with the foam breaking down. Scat is usually really good to deal with though.

SW
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.