All The New Members

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
lavron
Site Admin

All The New Members

Post by lavron »

With all the new members signing on and posting pictures of some mighty fine Comets I am starting to feel inadequate :roll:

Ok I am over it now :P

I am thinking I have never seen a nicer bunch of Comets anywhere, pretty sure I have not.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

popscomet

Re: All The New Members

Post by popscomet »

MAN this is a great deal....all these sharp comets coming out of the wood work,from all over the country....just proves the worth of a mercury comet........hats off to all the old and new members for being here to share their comets and their in put..thanks from ol POP
pop/glenda

albert

Post by albert »

I am also amazed at the quality of some of our new members Comets. I also noticed that many of them are not 64 or 65 Caliente hardtops. Great to see some of the earlier Comet sedans are being restored and preserved. Like em all!
Albert's 65 289, polar white, black buckets, 5 speed, Autolite 4100, ps, pb, factory tach, crites hood, headers, dual exhaust

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

I AGREE WITH YOU ALBERT,,,these older aged comets are so sharp,it has just about gotten to the point the 64/65 2drht comets are like mustangs..you seen one you've seen them all..........I like them all..am starting to soften up just a tad on crager whls (but not alot :wink
pop/glenda

albert

Post by albert »

popscomet wrote:I AGREE WITH YOU ALBERT,,,these older aged comets are so sharp,it has just about gotten to the point the 64/65 2drht comets are like mustangs..you seen one you've seen them all..........I like them all..am starting to soften up just a tad on crager whls (but not alot :wink
Me too! I never thought I would want a 4 door sedan but I got to tell you I would have one in a heartbeat now, some of those early Comet sedans are really unique and appealing. My preference would be to keep the wheels completely stock with the factory hubcaps.
Albert's 65 289, polar white, black buckets, 5 speed, Autolite 4100, ps, pb, factory tach, crites hood, headers, dual exhaust

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

If POP was to ever have a 4 door and I can see it in my future,,,,it would be completely stock looking on the outside,whls etc,,,,but it would have a tuff 289 and just maybe a 4spd........or a column shift,,,,but we are both on the same page :wink: 8) :lol: pop
pop/glenda

albert

Post by albert »

popscomet wrote:If POP was to ever have a 4 door and I can see it in my future,,,,it would be completely stock looking on the outside,whls etc,,,,but it would have a tuff 289 and just maybe a 4spd........or a column shift,,,,but we are both on the same page :wink: 8) :lol: pop
Isn't it amazing how we got to like some 4 door sedans when we got to be old farts. When I was a kid if you had a 4 door it meant that one of your grandparents passed away and you got the car. Back in the 60's it was: 2 door coupes, hardtops if you could afford one and converts if you were rich. When I went to Australia in the early 70's the 4 door sedans dominated everywhere and some of them were really nice looking, I then changed my opinion on how nicely you could make a 4 door sedan look.