Roy Pool

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
lavron
Site Admin

Re: Roy Pool

Post by lavron »

From what I gathered searching around FB is he was at the race track the day he died (I don't think it was a crash?) If anyone learns anything I would like to know or if anyone knows the family personally please extend the condolences from the forum.

We lost a good friend, if the calendar happens next year I will dedicate something to Roy in it, either the cover or the inside extra pages.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

riverbum

Post by riverbum »

I just read this on Heath Grant's Facebook page. He will be missed on this board, and by whoever knew him, I'm sure.

Sorry I haven't been on here in a while, but I think about all of you often. Those couple Pigeon Forge trips were something I always think back on and smile. I believe I will be at the next one, for sure. For some reason, we decided to record this song today, and is very fitting for such a friend to everyone on here. I hope you can view this https://www.facebook.com/todd.gantt/pos ... 8051789931

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Just tonight I was on Google earth looking at ways to stop by his new place in Nevada when we are south this winter,,,,,,,,,,,,
man,got no words

Happier days,,,,,
Mission BC Canada 2012

ImageImage
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

b.guggenmos

Post by b.guggenmos »

So sad Fred. Thank you for posting that picture of the three of us in Canada. That was a fun weekend. I as well as many others are really going to miss him. He was a friend to many! Brian
1965 Comet Cyclone Drag Car Aquamarine, 351C, 4 speed, 5:14, ladder bars, 10.50@129mph
1965 Falcon Tube Chassis Drag Car, 347, Jerico, 4 Link 9.?
1970 Boss 302 Yellow, Deluxe Interior, Shaker, Slats, 4:30 Drag Pac
1932 Ford 5 Window Coupe

ants875

Post by ants875 »

Wow I can't believe this, what a shock.

I met Roy several times and he was a heck of guy and a huge help to me with my comet. He surely will be missed. I'm glad I got to know him and see his car run at the track last year.

Ant

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Roy will be missed by many ,at many places,I'm sure. Including me there's no telling how many people he has helped with his knowledge over the years. Good to see the pics of him,Thanks guys! I've stole a few so I'll throw some up.
It would be cool to see any pics of him or his car that you have on this thread in his memory . [JMO!!!]

Image20mb image hosting
Imagefree image host
Johno

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

Do a search on your phone "Roy Pool 65 Comet". It will come up with some neat stuff. Him beating the pants off whoever he was racing. Awesome!
Ron

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Think I've posted everything of Roy I have at one time or another but will get them all in here too.
One with Joe and another
Roy, Joe, Dale and a friend and the Rocket
March/ '12 I think. maybe '13
ImageImage
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

B_Hix

Post by B_Hix »

Just found out. I never met Roy but feel like I have lost a friend and a mentor. So very sad to hear. Rest In peace brother.
67 Comet
No power steering, 4-wheel drum brakes, 5 gears 'n' 400 + horsepower...
...hell yea it's fun

6T5 404

Post by 6T5 404 »

I was busy over the weekend I just saw this.
It is certainly a shock.
Roy was a great friend.
Like many on the forum I never met Roy but I spoke with him via telephone and on line many times.
He was a vast source of automotive knowledge and a great individual.
A true friend has been lost.
RIP Roy,
Dave

Groover

Post by Groover »

Never met him either, but when I review my build thread, he was there from the start and had a large part to do with me even taking it on and seeing it through. He was encouraging when I needed it, realistic when I wasn't, and damn if he wasn't always right.

You will be missed Roy.
1964 Comet Caliente Convertible
30,000 miles on our rebuild

All Comets start out as dreams...

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

i shared the same birthday as Roy.i was proud to share the same b-day with such a man! RIP FELLOW COMET LOVER
fryedaddy
Image1966 caliente,428 4 speed,4.11 gears,nitrous,parachute

StPro

Post by StPro »

I never net Roy. I have had posts exchanged on this forum. I have enjoyed his posts and he will be missed. RIP Roy
Only use the brakes to stop and get gas.
Projects
65 Comet 421Stroker
93 Mark VIII Supercharged w/Fogger
70 Torino GT

pro64

Post by pro64 »

I think we should have a Roy pool page or category it would have hardcore Ford information R.I.P. Roy. Pro64

ec164

Post by ec164 »

I heard yesterday from Roys FB page.....So sad that man was a good guy with so much information on Comets and racing... Plus much more once I got hooked up with him on Facebook....Ken Godsey told me "he wasn't feeling well and went to Hospital for checked out, while there had Bad Heart attack". I also hadn't met him in person, but was planning on that happening in April at FE Race Reunion in Beaver Springs.....Sad Times RIP my Friend Roy..........
Your ahead in a Mercury....all the way!