Roy Pool

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
lavron
Site Admin

Re: Roy Pool

Post by lavron »

I was just reading through a build thread on another forum and Roy had comments on there, seems odd still. It is funny how we get to know people and even though we never met them in person there is still a void felt in our lives when they are gone.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

lavron wrote:I was just reading through a build thread on another forum and Roy had comments on there, seems odd still. It is funny how we get to know people and even though we never met them in person there is still a void felt in our lives when they are gone.

See Ya,
Mike
WELL PUT,just going to be hard to get used to,,several times after someone's post,,,,I expect ROY to chime in,,,,with some good bad and ugly of some kind.....many thoughts go to his family and loved ones......POP/GLENDA
pop/glenda

comethead

Post by comethead »

When Roy found out I was trying to build up a road race Falcon he PM'd me and said he had a bunch of parts for me. I went over his place a while later and he had a pile of 289/SBF and 4 speed parts put aside for me. Good solid Hipo stuff I probably wouldn't have budgeted for this car. All these years he'd only take a little beer for payment.
Most of all he was a positive force in anything I did with my cars and with my family matters. He's been through a lot and his advice was always good.
Like Groover said he was realistic when I wasn't. That realism was borne from hard experience not internet fantasy. I always felt like I had a reservoir of real experience when I asked his advice. Not magazine and internet experience.

Of course Roys part time hobby was ruffling feathers. :lol: Especially on the key board. If he ragged on a 4 door or a sedan here on the forum in real life he'd get under that thing and help the owner wrench on it NO MATTER what the situation. I can guarantee that!

I keep expecting a post on this thread from CALIFORNIA CALIENTE saying wtf are you scrubs yapping about...I'm right here!! :lol:

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

Lou's Comet

Post by Lou's Comet »

Read this this morning. Hoped it was wrong.

Sad news and a sad day. Never met Roy would have loved to, he still inspired me with my Comet, I enjoyed reading his post's, IMO he was just a great guy, like everyone else here I will miss him.

Rest in peace Roy

albert

Post by albert »

Sorry to hear this news, I enjoyed reading his posts and viewing his racing clips and stories. Would have liked to meet him. Sincere condolences to his family.
Albert's 65 289, polar white, black buckets, 5 speed, Autolite 4100, ps, pb, factory tach, crites hood, headers, dual exhaust

comethead

Post by comethead »

I don't have a Facebook acct.
If anyone has any memorial or funeral service information please pass it along here. I'd like to attend if possible.
Thanks.

Joe

Aussie Comet 1964

Post by Aussie Comet 1964 »

Joe I have a similar story, Roy listed a couple of intakes for sale a while ago, I told him I wanted the super victor for my ute, he posted it to my mates depot & I kept asking how to fix him up, he told me to let him know when it arrived, it took a few months by the time arrived, I emailed him & asked him how to fix him up, he told me it was all mine seeing as though I was going to use it on the ute, that was only a few weeks ago, so I have a box on my desk of a few Aussie goodies & T shirts I was almost ready to send him as a Thankyou, John
Last edited by Aussie Comet 1964 on Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1964 Comet Caliente 2DR hardtop 302cu C4 10.61 @ 126.68mph
1964 Comet Caliente 2DR hardtop project
1964 Fairlane 500 4 dr daily driver
1964 700 Mercury Truck
1964 Comet Ranchero

Ojohnny

Post by Ojohnny »

Like many others I never met Roy but he has helped me many times with his knowledge and opinions over the years. As others have said he was not bashful about his thoughts on anything with wheels if it was not a Comet! I can appreciate that,Roy will be missed by many, my condolences to his family and fellow Comet friends.

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

his saying-real racecars have three pedals made me decide to put my 4 speed back in my comet this winter,it currently has a c6,but it is a factory four speed car and its going back that way soon!i im sure i would have some questions for Roy this winter.
Last edited by fryedaddy on Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fryedaddy
Image1966 caliente,428 4 speed,4.11 gears,nitrous,parachute

loman

Post by loman »

It is very sad to hear the news of Roy's passing. He will be missed by so many. My condolences go out to his family and friends. He was a man with a lifelong set of experiences that he shared with all of us on this forum. I've learned a lot from reading all of his posts and am appreciative of all the knowledge he has shared. I'm sure he forgot more than I will ever know about Comets, racing, and life in general.

Groover

Post by Groover »

pro64 wrote:I think we should have a Roy pool page or category it would have hardcore Ford information R.I.P. Roy. Pro64
This is an excellent idea. "The Roy Pool Small Block Performance Forum" (isn't he running a stroked small block?) or maybe a new "Roy Pool Racing Forum" where folks can post their track results, racing questions, etc.
1964 Comet Caliente Convertible
30,000 miles on our rebuild

All Comets start out as dreams...

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

No FB acct here either; if we can get an address I'd like to send something...maybe from us at the Comet Forum.
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

comethead

Post by comethead »

Rocket989 wrote:No FB acct here either; if we can get an address I'd like to send something...maybe from us at the Comet Forum.
That's an excellent idea Rocket. Perhaps his family has no idea that he has a large group of internet friends that actually care. I met his ex-wife but not his sons or grand kids.
I found one of his grand daughters on Instagram and I offered condolences.

Joe

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Rocket989 wrote:No FB acct here either; if we can get an address I'd like to send something...maybe from us at the Comet Forum.
I am in agreement with this as well if someone can find anything out. I keep checking online for obit/funeral info and haven't found or seen anything yet.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

I never met Roy personally, but whenever I had performance questions he would always give sound, solid, and great advice. Definitely goin to be different without him posting on here. R.I.P. Roy. Godspeed my friend. Prayers to his family and friends, Pugs.
302 roller
4 speed
Real cars are built to be driven and driven hard!!!