Roy Pool

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
pugs65

Re: Roy Pool

Post by pugs65 »

Doug as others have said, thank you for the update. Your father will truly be missed by a lot of people. As for you, I lost my dad in May of this year. It is definitely something hard to get use to. There will be days that you laugh thinking about him then there will be times when you cry your eyes out. You and your family are in everyone's thoughts and prayers, Pugs.
302 roller
4 speed
Real cars are built to be driven and driven hard!!!

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

Found another place where Roy was known and communicated with. He was very well known. He will be missed.
http://www.network54.com/Forum/74182/th ... iew+Thread

Ron

Jkonen

Post by Jkonen »

Fred,

Thank you for the link to your photo bucket. I grabbed a few photos from there of Roy and his car. I think I saw a couple hundred cars in there that I wouldn't mind having myself. Great pictures.

Thank you again,

Jason

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

Doug - Sorry you lost your Dad like that...same goes if you have any brothers and/ sisters. By ALL accounts your Dad was a good man!! I dug out the 5/11 issue of Car Craft and thought about Roy yanking the gears!! Godspeed to him and bless you all!!
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

Groover

Post by Groover »

This video was posted on the Mercury Cyclone/Comet Facebook page.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... agyRRU#t=0

Nice that you get to see Roy race some other Comets :)
1964 Comet Caliente Convertible
30,000 miles on our rebuild

All Comets start out as dreams...

porkshop

Post by porkshop »

I hardly post on this forum. I knew roy from the HAMB site. He is who had me come over here. He will be missed very much on all the forums where he helped everybody...RIP my friend....

Doug Pool

Post by Doug Pool »

Roy's family would love it if you can join us for a Celebration of Roy's Life on Saturday November 12th from 12:00-4:00. The event will be held at the Commemorative Air Force Museum at 455 Aviation Drive in Camarillo, CA 93010.

This has morphed into an impromptu car and motorcycle show. All are encouraged to bring their favorite ride to display amongst the planes at the museum. If you are interested in displaying your ride, please arrive at 10:30-11:00 to set up. Don't be shy. We don't care if your car is not perfect. In fact, we don't care if it is still a work in progress. If you knew Roy then you know that if you think that it is cool then Roy thinks that it is cool.

In the spirit of Roy, this will be a come-as-you-are affair. Casual dress in encouraged and positive attitudes are required. There will be food and drinks so don't stop for lunch before coming.

If you cannot attend and you want to send a card or picture of your car to be displayed, please mail them to Doug Pool at 1255 Humboldt Drive, Nipomo, CA 93444

In lieu of flowers, the family has requested that you make a donation in Roy's name to any charity that benefits our United States Veterans.

Once again, we all thank you for all of the love and support that has been shown on this and other forums.

Doug Pool
(Roy's son)
Last edited by Doug Pool on Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cyclone460

Post by cyclone460 »

With his vast knowledge that he shared on this, and the other forums,Roy will be missed by all. He will still be alive in our hearts and minds still being able to help through his posts. Rest in Peace Roy. :cry:

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

Doug,
I was so shocked to hear of Roys passing. What a terrible loss. He was known and liked by so many. He will be missed.
I was going to suggest someplace closer to Nippomo for the memorial which would be more central to Calif but it occured to me Camarillo may have been where the Pool family grew up. That I can understand as that is close to where home was for your family. The Air Force Museum is a good choice.
I spent a few hours with Roy in Camarillo a couple years ago, my son and I and got to see his man cave and cars and just have a good visit with him. Me and my son will never forget that time. Have also talked with him many times online. He was always there to offer advise and help to anyone. He also wasn't shy when it came to jostling someone either. But that was Roy.
Look forward to being there for the memorial. God bless you and the entire family.
Ron

Baldy

Post by Baldy »

I was so touched by the passing of Roy; never met him, yet, he always posted to the questions I posted on the forum. I decided I would take that California trip I've been wanting to take and take old Elizabeth to the celebration for Roy and in the midst of planning for Roy's celebration of life this morning my 78 year old mother tells me she has breast cancer . Boys (and girls ) enjoy them while you have them. I know that sometimes when I see the caller ID and it's them, I think what now? , y'all better be just glad they can still call. Guess that's enough babbling for now . As a little aside, I've been watching the video links posted, did y'all happen to notice the reaction times of a damn near 70 year old man. Makes me feel unworthy.

Baldy

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

I never met Roy face to face but I sure feel the relationship we had thanks to this cathode ray tube, keyboard and the internet. I wish I could drive to the memorial in my old Merc because I think it's gonna be one helluva going away party.

And to his children; no one can ever take away what he gave you. The smallest thing's will forever remind you of Dad, and that's a great thing.

I too am missing this ole boy.

Stacey
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

comethead

Post by comethead »

I'll be at Roys memorial as well. It will be cool to see a big showing...Roy was always pushing the annual Mercury Show and this last one he towed his car from Nevada to attend.

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

I had wanted to attend the Mercury show but never quite made it. This last time I was at another show same day. I'm sorry I missed it.
Ron

b.guggenmos

Post by b.guggenmos »

I will be coming down from Washington to Roy's memorial. Flying so no Comets but I hope to meet some of you in person? I don't post a lot here but I read many of the threads. The loss of Roy has hit me pretty hard as it has all of us. I can't imagine the sudden loss to the family. I am looking forward to meeting as many of the Pool family and Comet family as I can. Brian Guggenmos
1965 Comet Cyclone Drag Car Aquamarine, 351C, 4 speed, 5:14, ladder bars, 10.50@129mph
1965 Falcon Tube Chassis Drag Car, 347, Jerico, 4 Link 9.?
1970 Boss 302 Yellow, Deluxe Interior, Shaker, Slats, 4:30 Drag Pac
1932 Ford 5 Window Coupe

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

I added a sig picture to Roy's posts, the one that John had posted earlier, I hope that is ok with everyone.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058