AWOL

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
popscomet

Re: AWOL

Post by popscomet »

Rocket989 wrote:A camper in the woods?!? I'd be scare too!! Too bad about the temps; hope it cools off for you!! Happy T-Day! :D :lol: :mrgreen:
NOTHING to be scared of...it's not really a camper,it's a 1 bedroom mobil home,and we have electricity,run to the campsite and I put in a septic tank system A few yrs ago and I have central heat and AC........BUT ALL THAT HASN'T HELPED THE DEER HUNT,or the wild hogs..plus I even have heat in my stand,,,,,so I do fine,,now my side by side gets kinda airey traveling back and forth.....but you have to have alittle pain to go with the gain.... :wink: :lol: pop
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

AM going AWOL, 1st thing in the morning,back to deer camp,altho rain chances are HIGH sat and sunday....got all loaded yesterday and today,,,had to replace 2 rear tires on my Yamaha side by side yesterday,,got to checking it out and found 1 that had a couple of bad places,the inner tube was pooched out like a big black blister,,it wasn't gonna last as long as a paper shirt in a bear fight!!,,and so as the new one was a tick taller then the old,I had to buy a pair.......you can buy tires for your car or PU cheaper then what these tires cost...but at this time of the year.....they got you where they want you ....everyone have a great safe next few days and will holler later
pop/glenda

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

Luck Pop!!
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

Pop I hope you do well in the woods. I've been awol myself. Between work and huntin. Ain't had much time. Shot what I thought was a good size doe the other day. Once I got to it, it was a 125lb button buck. Should have let it go. Hard to see those buttons at 60 yards, Pugs.
302 roller
4 speed
Real cars are built to be driven and driven hard!!!

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

pugs65 wrote:Once I got to it, it was a 125lb button buck. Should have let it go.
It is what is, I hear they are good eating, I prefer a nice doe myself but still haven't gotten any, tomorrow is the last day of antler less so looks like I will be breaking out the muzzle loader for my last shot to get one this season.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

pugs65 wrote:Pop I hope you do well in the woods. I've been awol myself. Between work and huntin. Ain't had much time. Shot what I thought was a good size doe the other day. Once I got to it, it was a 125lb button buck. Should have let it go. Hard to see those buttons at 60 yards, Pugs.
MADE IT BACK ! FOR A few days,come Thursday or Friday,am headed back !!!...................PUGS,I also hate to take a BB,,did the same exact thing you did just last season,,,,for 1 thing you waste a buck tag on a BB.......but at least you got one.....pop
pop/glenda

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

I got nothing in antler-less portion (a whole 3 days) looks like Muzzie will be getting a few shots through her, can't decide whether to scope it or not this year, alternative season starts on Christmas Eve through like January 3rd.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

scope it if you got em! you never know when that bad boy might walk up. like this one in mid Tn. 47 points!!! :shock:

Imageupload pics

Imageupload pics

It's like a six pack of racks!!! :lol:
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

IF I ever was to shoot something like that monster...I'd do what ROY ROGERS DID to TRIGGER,,have the entire rascal stuffed ..pop
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

WILL BE GOING AWOL sometime tomorrow,gone till I get ready to come home,or I get tired of my own cookin and those dang SPIT BATHS,my hot water heater is still on the blink...I'll be at camp all by myself til Friday night ,but I ain't scared :shock: POP :lol: :wink:
pop/glenda

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

Lock n' Load Pop!!! :mrgreen:
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Rocket989 wrote:Lock n' Load Pop!!! :mrgreen:
MAN YOU GOT THAT RIGHT,my bed partner is a 7mmo8 on one side and a 44 magnum lever action on the other and I have a cauliflower ear from my pistol under my pillow.....but I ain't scared............just very attentive :shock: :lol: pop
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

just got home,thought I'd check this stuff out while I drink a glass of tea,,had to come home today to get a outter tie rod end for my RHINO,it came apart while driving thru some rough roads,lost my steering,,,after it's repaired,,will go back in the morning ,til sunday afternoon,,,,then season is over with til the following 3days after CHRISTMAS.......THEN STICK A FORK IN IT,,it;s done til next yr.......kinda glad too!! this is work !! later POP
pop/glenda

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

I scoped the "muzzie" and will try and get it sighted in, in the next week. Alternate season starts Christmas Eve for about a week.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

HEY ! OL POP IS BACK .....UNTIL late sunday night,then as of right now,,will be going back to deer camp for the remaining 3dys of the season.....but just in case I didn't happen to make it back down there,I winterized my trailer and put it to rest for the cold weather,,,,I have to take good care of my HOME away from home :lol: :D cause I spend a lot of time there during deer season.....take care folks ,POP
pop/glenda