TFFN going away.

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
Rocket989

Re: TFFN going away.

Post by Rocket989 »

The Wayback deal just captures "snapshots" of web pages at points in time...it does not host full web sites and their content. The "bot" or "crawler" bit refers to the stuff used to discover, cache, and archive changing content. The issues there are many...who's doing it and why, and how it's made available (and for how long).

There's some software an individual could use that'd probably do a decent job on a site like TFFN...or the whole shebang could easily be copied to a (small even) thumb drive...Ya gotta have some modicum of access to the hosting server(s) for that though. :mrgreen:
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

comethead

Post by comethead »

Well in the end a Falcon is just a Mustang is just a Comet and a Ranchero.
4 speeds. EPS. MII. Traction bars.V8s. Stock. Modded. Resto-modded. 8". 8.8". 9". C4.
It's all (almost) the same.

We shall survive.

And most that stuffs been done here now.

Lavron don't bail on us man!!!! :lol:

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

Rocket989 wrote:The Wayback deal just captures "snapshots" of web pages at points in time...it does not host full web sites and their content. The "bot" or "crawler" bit refers to the stuff used to discover, cache, and archive changing content. The issues there are many...who's doing it and why, and how it's made available (and for how long).

There's some software an individual could use that'd probably do a decent job on a site like TFFN...or the whole shebang could easily be copied to a (small even) thumb drive...Ya gotta have some modicum of access to the hosting server(s) for that though. :mrgreen:
I wonder if the owner could change the attributes to the files so no one can edit them or delete them. Then no need to log in if it expects a login. In other word open file with no edit attribute.
When tested it the files want a log in but doesn't accept a login. I don't think that feature is supported.
I may try talking to the owner about these details as he must know what needs to be done to otherwise he wouldn't consider doing it in the first place.
Ron

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

comethead wrote:Well in the end a Falcon is just a Mustang is just a Comet and a Ranchero.
4 speeds. EPS. MII. Traction bars.V8s. Stock. Modded. Resto-modded. 8". 8.8". 9". C4.
It's all (almost) the same.

We shall survive.

And most that stuffs been done here now.

Lavron don't bail on us man!!!! :lol:

Joe
Well there are many similarities but it would be a shame to lose some of the specific info as well as all the pics.
Joe, you and Fred and some others have posted info and pics on that board too. I search through those many posting looking for info and pics from time to time. Ashame to lose all that.

I assume Mike would know a lot about this stuff works since he runs this board. It can't be that simple and he is the only one I know who might have the answers.

I know we'll survive but why if it is avoidable. What if Mike decided to shut this board down, it would have the same effect on so many.
Ron

comethead

Post by comethead »

Yeah I know Ron. I put a lot of work into my Comet build thread there. I've lost the energy these last few years. I wanted to do a thread there for my 64 Falcon but just can't find the time. Guess I don't have to now.

I think the strength of that forum was all the stock builds where the old stock factory parts, finishes and interiors are used. That stuff gets forgotten over time. How the stock V8 bell crank operates and mounts. How the interior looks bone stock.
Modifying is easy. Duplicating the stock stuff takes patience and deep knowledge of the way "the factory" did it.

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Comechero65 wrote:What if Mike decided to shut this board down, it would have the same effect on so many.
Not going to happen if I can help it. If a bear eats me all bets are off however :P :roll:

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Heaven forbid, but what if a bear does eat you? Is there any fall-back plan to keep this site going? (Don't get me wrong...we'd still miss you. :cry: )
Jim

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

Jims65cyclone wrote:Heaven forbid, but what if a bear does eat you? Is there any fall-back plan to keep this site going? (Don't get me wrong...we'd still miss you. :cry: )
Jim
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ron