Cranbourne meet..

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
BJB

Cranbourne meet..

Post by BJB »

Visited this event for the first time. There were a nice mix of vehicles that attended, mainly OZ and US .

Last edited by BJB on Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of drought and flooding rains,..enough with the floods already..."

albert

Re: Cranbounre meet..

Post by albert »

Bruce, nice pics as usual. Thanks for throwing in the Holden FC pics. When I first went to Aussie in 1970 I could not get use to all the 4 door sedans that were everywhere and us Canucks and Yanks would say "too many doors". But over the years I have come to really like some of the historic cars that were 4 door. Keep sending those pics love to see all the variants to our cars over here.
Albert's 65 289, polar white, black buckets, 5 speed, Autolite 4100, ps, pb, factory tach, crites hood, headers, dual exhaust

BJB

Re: Cranbourne meet..

Post by BJB »

Albert, I will always give you a heads up on the old Holdens...although not a Ford they too hold a special place for me as my dad owned a '59 FC and he let me sit on his lap and steer it for a short time . That's what dads did back then before the world got all righteous and as I couldn't reach the pedals dad operated the column change and applied the brakes.

Dad has been gone for 4 years now. Miss him.

Bruce

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

THANKS for sharing the pic's...as much a FORD person as I am,,,if the Studebaker was still in business,,,it would a tight toss up...that STUDE HAWK IS MY PICK of those you just showed us,,I have always had a soft place for those hawks !!
pop/glenda

BJB

Post by BJB »

Pops, yeah me too. Those Studebakers were great cars. The Victoria Police used them as highway patrol cars as they were V8s. They didn't stop too well but they did go like the clappers. A work mate's father was a member of the police and was in the motor sport club, raced a Studebaker Lark one at Bathurst and was doing well until the wheels failed.

I recall the Golden Hawks down under. stylish cars.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

I had a 55 hawk when I was in my late teens early 20's,it was an awesome ride,,,but when I was a very young lad,I saw a 55 ford crown vic and I told my dad,one of these days I'll own me one of those fords,so jump ahead a few yrs and me and a buddy went to look at a 55 ford crown vic,this buddy had always wanted my hawk,the ford was out of my reach,so I told him...you buy the ford and I'll trade you the hawk for it,stright across title for title....so he did and I did.to be honest,,the hawk was a better car then the ford,but I had to have that ford,,and I kept the ford 15 or so yrs....back to the hawk..A VERY OLD MAN and his son stopped by one day after seeing the hawk in my drive way and this ederly gentleman went over that Studebaker with a fine tooth comb,come to find out he was retired from Studebaker and he said more then likely I help build this very car,he offered to buy it ,but that was long before the ford came into the pic and it wasn't for sale,,my hawk had the Studebaker 352 ci with a 3spd overdrive tranny,,the complete dash was fiberglass with SW round gauges and had toggle type switches,had a separate switch for the head lights ,then separate for the tail lights,,a 3way toggle for the dash lights up for bright middle for off and down for low,,and it all was factory .it was ahead of it's time...jmo...it was freaky fast on top end ,but kinda slow taking off.....my wife got plum pissed off at me for tradeing the hawk off...she said I should have just went ahead and bought the ford and kept that hawk,,,I finally lost the where abouts of the hawk after my buddy moved,,,I also had a 52 Studebaker when I was 15 yrso,but that is another story for another time..thanks again for the pic's ,,,you always do good on pic's .........POP
pop/glenda

albert

Post by albert »

Have always had a Golden Hawk on my bucket list but never got around to getting one. I like most year of Studies, they were way ahead of their time on design.
Albert's 65 289, polar white, black buckets, 5 speed, Autolite 4100, ps, pb, factory tach, crites hood, headers, dual exhaust

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

yes by all means was that golden hawk a keeper ,it was supercharged,,PAXTON I believe......you know the grill was part of the hood,,,,member a few yrs ago when dodge pu's came out with their grill part of the hood?? dodge thought they had cut a big hog in the butt,,,,BUT STUDE'S had that set up back in the 50's :shock: 8) :lol: they were ahead of time in my book,,,the carb on my 55 had the air breather mounted on the firewall on passenger side with a hose and metal pipe run over to the carb,,,,but the mouth (top) was in the form of an elow with the mouth facing the firewall,,,,the same set up that some FORK LIFT'S HAVE...just so many cool things ,I can't recall them all......I think the rear axle was keyed
pop/glenda