Groover check.

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
loman

Groover check.

Post by loman »

Anyone hear from Groover since yesterday? There was a tornado that touched down in Missouri last night and crossed into Illinois in his neck of the woods. Hope all is well.

poboyjo65

Re: Groover check.

Post by poboyjo65 »

He was on a here a couple hours ago but that rascal has been quiet lately! :D
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

:shock: cause he don't get his chores and home work done in a timely matter :shock: :!: :| :roll:
pop/glenda

Groover

Post by Groover »

All's well, but thanks for the check in. In the basement twice Tuesday night. One went through on the ground about 30 miles north of here (Elkville, IL - one dead in Perryville, MO). The other never quite turned into something, but went almost directly overhead.

And the question you're all wondering... Comet was in the garage ;)

Got a few things planned for her soon, actually. First warm weekend, we'll put in the new carpets and firewall insulation. Going to finally put my additional carb spacer in before it gets too hot to try to cut down on the percolation. And the big win this summer (hopefully before the gathering) is my adjustable strut rods and newly rebuilt - but less bent - power steering cylinder. Tried that a few weekends ago, but couldn't get the old one off. Exhaust crossover runs interference for my puller and my air tool/impact couldn't shake out the mechanical weld.

Maverick is still slowly working on his Cleveland project and his 70 Mustang. Oh and he's rebuilding a 2.2 "HiPo" for his Subaru (that's for you, Pops). He's taking his engines class this semester, so all kinds of new thoughts about flame fronts and heads and quench and stuff that I can't wrap my old noodle around.
1964 Comet Caliente Convertible
30,000 miles on our rebuild

All Comets start out as dreams...

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

:) WELL when push comes to shove,POP ,is always behind MAVRICK,in what ever that young man takes on to do...and you can take that to the bank :D and I wish him the best messing with that scrape iron :lol: ......am glad ya'll were safe....me and my 17mo grt grd son stood on the south end porch of the house and watched the cloud miss us,,,was very thankful....POP
pop/glenda

loman

Post by loman »

Glad to hear you made it through the storms ok. When the storm passed my house, the wind really picked up and in the middle of it I heard a train blowing its whistle. I had to stop and think for a minute on what to do. Once I heard the whistle I figured I was safe.