It never fails

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
Loner

It never fails

Post by Loner »

Im sure most of us have had this problem. Why is it every time im about to start working on my Comet along comes another project that someone needs done yesterday?
I was just about to move the Comet over to the shop when my buddy called to see if I would fix the mechanicals and body on his 67 chevy 4x4 truck. It is going to take a few months to get it done.
I really shouldn't complain the money is good.
I just want to work on my own stuff for once!

Matt

SASSY

Re: It never fails

Post by SASSY »

U need a bigger shop!
Well I guess that is the answer to most of our problems,,, lol
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

MAKE THE MONEY !!! then spend it on the COMET !! a man has to do what a man has to do...pop :) :lol:
pop/glenda

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

I'm with Fred - dang "space" is always the toughest thing to come by!!?
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

I'm with Pop & Fred. :lol: Good time to buy & hoard up some parts.
Johno

Loner

Post by Loner »

As of today I'm now the owner of the truck :shock:
The owner of the truck and I went to a swapmeet today and he found a car he wanted real bad. In need of a bit more cash...I ended up with the truck for a song.
I'll need to fix it and sell it now to make some Comet money.

Matt

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

THAT deal sounds good...hope you come out on top....now do us all a favor and don't park that chevy truck to close to the COMET :!: :wink: good luck :!: :wink: :lol: pop
pop/glenda

Loner

Post by Loner »

Pops you sound like my gramps.
Him with Falcons and Comets for going to town with work clothes on and dogs, T-birds for clean clothes and no dogs, Ford flatbed trucks for working, Ford tractor, welder, battery charger, propane heater and I'm sure I'm missing something all painted blue with big white Ford letters.
Me with my GMC 302 powered 63 Nova. Him not wanting me to park it anywhere near anything Ford or where someone might see it from the road.

Fun times,Matt

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

WELL LONER ,MY BOY MY BOY!! me and your GRAMPS were cut from the same grease rag for sure.....if someone comes to my shop in a brand X or anything other then a FORD,I question how long they are staying,,my driveway is for FORDS ONLY !! or they park behind the shop out of sight from the general public. :!: :shock: BACK when my daughter was a teenager,if a boy came to see her driving anyother then a FORD he had to park on the street next to the mailbox.{ my son in law is a ford guy and they have been married for 25 yrs} the way POP looks at it is if it ain't a FORD,,,...then it's just a cheap a$$ wanna be......good luck and be DADGUM sure you go to the DOCTOR and get a shot just in case you cut yourself working on that chevy truck :shock: ............pop
pop/glenda

Loner

Post by Loner »

Like I said.... :roll:

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

ALL MY FRIENDS DRIVE A FORD.....I just know people that don't :shock: :lol: :wink: I won't even let people pull out into traffic from a side street unless their in a FORD....unless they are old..then respect takes front and center........ :!: :wink: :wink:
pop/glenda