Rare Mercury Capri

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
Tambo

Rare Mercury Capri

Post by Tambo »

Hi all, was just browsing through some collector car sites and came across this https://classiccars.com/listings/view/9 ... exas-77099. I've never seen one before so thought I'd post it up.
66 Cyclone GT: 390, 4 sp Top Loader, 3.25 9inch

redhotcomet

Re: Rare Mercury Capri

Post by redhotcomet »

I've always like the fox Capri's. I had a black '82 302 2 bbl auto briefly that I stole a bunch of parts off of for my Comet. I wish I had kept that car and put it on the road instead. Would have been a fun little car. I paid $500 for it I think.
1964 Caliente hardtop, 302/T5/8.8"

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

POP bought abrand new 1984 capri off the show room floor.....2.3 4cyl turbo charged fuel injected 5spd with a 3.45 ls rear gear...was a great car.,,running little jessey !! 2yrs later wife was tired of shifting so traded it in on a 1986 mercury cougar XR7 wirh the same 2.3 set up and rear gear ,but with a AT....still own it ! 131,000 mi ,is stored at old place,about 20 or so yrs ago,I ran across another 1984 capri,with 5.0 5spd RS,ME AND SON BUILT it up for ol pop to play on the streets and to take to the drags when I felt spongy...and I still have it !!but it is a bunch more salty today......they are better looking than a mustang with the shape of their fenders and qtr' panels..IMO,mine has the bubble back glass,and it pays off with that xtra weight over the rear axle....now mine has the traction devices under it....it's a load of fun to drive....lota people think it's a mustang or ask what it is.pop
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

just recalled,I started off driving dirt track cars at 61 yrso in a CAPRI ,AND OVER AT THE OLD SHOP I STILL have a 82 for parts car,,took a fender off to put on the dirt track capri,robbed the pedals to use on my cobra kit car....just thought about it :shock: :!:
pop/glenda

Tambo

Post by Tambo »

And in my OP I say I've never seen one before ... they're now coming out of the woodwork ... http://gatewayclassiccars.com/detroit/1 ... -S890.html
66 Cyclone GT: 390, 4 sp Top Loader, 3.25 9inch