Two Comet's sold in Florida last week.

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
Lip Ripper

Two Comet's sold in Florida last week.

Post by Lip Ripper »

I called early on the 64 404 wagon. Some elderly lady answered and said "he's outside". She took my number and they never called back. After my third attempt she answered again, same story. She then asked what I wanted, I said the wagon; "oh he sold that".

Next was a 63 260 car that was pretty solid with a locked up engine. $2900. I called, he couldn't be around until late Friday. Same story, it sold. I'm hoping they'll show up here because they were both good platform's. The wagon is still eating on me. V8 and AC.
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

Rocket989

Re: Two Comet's sold in Florida last week.

Post by Rocket989 »

'64 wagons are awesome!! I watched one in Calif. on eBay awhile back. Tempting but no storage & the transport cost (much less needing another project like a hole in the noggin...!) talked me out of it...
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

anoNY42

Post by anoNY42 »

I must have missed both of those, I usually check craigslist a couple of times each weekday while at work.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

LIP RIPPER,,,that wagon will eat away at you for some time !! POP is sufferin the same way about a 65 cal 2drht 289 3spd column shift with air that my HS auto instr bought brand new,,and it just sitting behind his house ,,going to ROT,,he won't sell it and he won't even let me open a door or lift the hood,,I even took a can of WD40 over there to lube the hinges,,he just says leave it alone...it's all orig, never wrecked...I CAN NOT GET THIS CAR OFF MY MIND..IT BEING A 65 DON'T THRILL ME ,,THE 289 STICK SHIFT 2DRHT DOES....so I just wait and hope one day he'll change his mind ,hell he's around 80 yrso,,and very well off !! he even told me one time if coming to see him was away of trying to get the comet ...then for me to stop coming over to see him :shock: :? pop
pop/glenda