eclipse

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
Comechero65

Re: eclipse

Post by Comechero65 »

BJB wrote:
Comechero65 wrote:Yeh i'm tired of all of it too. Interesting to a point. Now on to something better.
Ron
Ron , so your preferred celestial body is in the garage and has 4 tyres and a stroker up front :)

Bruce
Oh yes I would rather see and use my Comet like vehicle any time instead of just for a few minutes. Much more fun and more rewarding. And I only need regular sunglasses instead of those overpriced special 'eclipse' glasses. Would you believe they were selling those for $25 apiece in New York. What a ripoff.

My welding helmet worked perfectly for viewing so didn't need anything special to view with. Of course we only had a 78% eclipse where I am. Glad that is over.
Ron

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Wow! $25!? You could get them just about anywhere here ranging from free to a max of $1. They were cheap card-stock with plastic lenses, but they were ISO/NASA approved and served the purpose.
JIm

loman

Post by loman »

They bought glasses a couple of weeks ago where I work at and announced they would have an ice cream truck come by. Well 2 or 3 days ago someone realized the glasses they got were not certified and no time to get new ones. :roll: But, the ice cream truck still came by. My house was in the totality path, but where i work at was just out of it. On the way home from work east bound interstate traffic is usually nothing ( I travel west on the way home). Today there was 15 miles of eastbound bumper to bumper to my exit. I don't know how far the backup went but at least I wasn't in it.

bigdan

Post by bigdan »

I was pretty fortunate to be in the ship instead of the mill today on a stainless pipe job. Strolled outside Abbott 2:15, watched the "totality," then got back to it. Interesting, yes, but not worth the hassle and traffic we got because of it! Kids were stoked, though.

Dan
Long time search complete, 65 Cyclone project in progress!

BJB

Post by BJB »

Happened down under in '76. I was playing tennis with my club and we had to stop playing due to bad light. I still recall the birds chirping and heading to the trees to roost and it was the middle of the day. Still can't 'eclipse' the moon walk in ' 69. Now, that was an event. 8)
"I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of drought and flooding rains,..enough with the floods already..."

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

pop said from the get go,,,it was just a way to sell those glasses.....I was watching a rerun of gunsmoke,when GLENDA said look how dark it is,,,,,it never took me away from GUNSMOKE !!!!
pop/glenda

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Overall it was just a fun little day trip for me and my wife, traffic was only bad going through Sedalia and Warsaw and the delay wasn't that bad except for the GPS rerouting us twice in Sedalia (we should have stayed on the main road).

Certainly was not something I would make a real effort to see but my wife enjoys that kind of thing so I enjoy it with her, and it was a cool experience.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058