Spotted at Junkyard

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
lavron
Site Admin

Spotted at Junkyard

Post by lavron »

When I stopped by the junkyard yesterday a saw these two vehicles, pretty cool but will end up crushed one day I am sure.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

Lip Ripper

Re: Spotted at Junkyard

Post by Lip Ripper »

What's on the other side of that merc?
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Lip Ripper wrote:What's on the other side of that merc?
Fairlane or a Galaxy I think.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

That red Ford has a big V8 in it still but didn't look to see what it was, there is another 4 dr sitting facing it with a 250-L6 in it probably early '70s and I would guess rusted solid :( I thought I found the only one in that JY but I guess I was wrong.

There are a lot of neat old cars in that yard probably some from the '40s even (there is a Henry J sitting up by the "gate" now) there are a handful of early model Mustang sedans, most of them really bad, I think there is a '64 or so Corvair convertible sitting in there on top of another car, lots of old pickups and bunches and bunches of thorns.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

bunches of thorns......ticks...chiggers...and snakes and field mice and ever so often a rat or 2,,,my kind of place to be at....I have spent many hrs in a place like that in my younger yrs.....those OLDY but goody junk yards are scarce.......pop
pop/glenda

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

I have an affinity for those early '60s F100 unibodies, I wish I had one but I also wish I had a million dollars.

The '62 I gave to my buddy was a SWB but not a Uni, if I still had that truck I might try to get at least the body off that one in the JY and move all the stuff over too it, my little F100 is the one vehicle I regret getting rid of (giving away) it had the police interceptor and AOD out of an 80s Crown Vic me and dad put in there.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread