Manual washer pump.

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
Lip Ripper

Manual washer pump.

Post by Lip Ripper »

I bought a parts car the other day, a 61 Falcon. I noticed it had the washer bag and squirt nozzles but no pump on the apron. I thought no way. I looked on the floor above the dimmer and there she is. A good ole fashioned foot pump. Needless to say, it is going on my 61 build. The red bag was now black but after cleaning it with purple power it is very presentable. Funny how simple things can be exciting.

Another interesting piece is the back up light switch. It must've been dealer installed. It is literally hose clamped to the column so when the 3 on the tree in in reverse it contacts the switch.

Stacey
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

popscomet

Re: Manual washer pump.

Post by popscomet »

STACEY,that is cool to have one of those foot pumps,,,my mustang had one and I bent the 2squirters up so if I pumped real hard and fast ,,while sitting at a red light I could hit the car behind me if they were close,,,upset a lot of drivers,,but when your young and 10ft tall and bullet proof,,I wasn't scared.....but in todays life I wouldn't dare do it!! good luck thanks OL POP
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Pop back when the stangs were new my aunt had one & at the country church she always parked in the same place. her son & me would crouch down in the seat & stomp the pedal & shoot the water over the car like you said & squirt the ladies going to the outhouse. we got a kick out of hearing them say they felt rain & not a cloud in the sky. :lol:
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

:lol: :lol: :lol: so funny...and back in those days it didn't bother your mom or dad who took a cane pole to that butt,,if you needed a thrashing you got one,,,,the grown ups ruled the roost,,,,us kids were there for them to practice their swing on...boy times have changed,,,back in those days,,,you heard manners from most all kids.....my very 1st thing to say when I started talking was YES SIR and yes mamn,, WE NEED MORE OF THAT !!.....I ain't don't mean abuse ,but a round of correction and good guidance is a lost art... :!: :wink: ( we still have it from some,,,but not like it was when us old heads were coming up) and with me being raised in a ARMY life,,,I knew better.. :D :D :D
pop/glenda