Cyclone fell short for the first time

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
Lip Ripper

Cyclone fell short for the first time

Post by Lip Ripper »

since 2009. I dropped the top and rolled out of the garage to go to a party yesterday. I parked the Cyclone in my wife's driveway to put my buggy back in the garage. When I walked back over to the Cyclone I noticed a leak. Brought it back to the garage and jacked it up. It looked to be the PS pressure hose at the control valve. I thought I would check to see if it would tighten, it moved a little and then she really poured. I'm just glad it did it at home instead of the 80 mile round trip we were about to take. Rock Auto to the rescue. Hose will be here Wed.

Stacey
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

Groover

Re: Cyclone fell short for the first time

Post by Groover »

That is a bummer, but glad it happened in the driveway. When those things happen, I always remind myself that new cars do the same thing :) only it usually costs a lot more to fix them. :(
1964 Comet Caliente Convertible
30,000 miles on our rebuild

All Comets start out as dreams...

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Had a similar situation with my Cyclone back in the fall. Backed her out of the garage for a ride, turned her off while waiting for the wife to join me, turned the key to restart and NOTHING. Ended up jumping across the solenoid to start her and get her back in the garage, then tracked it down to the ignition switch. Better to have problems in the driveway than on the road. :roll:
Jim

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

That's the mark of a good car,to break at home. Just wants a little attention, maybe a little jealous of a certain little bird gettin all the love. :lol:
Johno

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

Haha, good one.
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.