My Rat Rod Toolbox

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
lavron
Site Admin

My Rat Rod Toolbox

Post by lavron »

My "toolbox" was a freebie from work several years ago, it came from the imaging department at the paper and held plate negatives, when they went to direct to plate system they were tossing this out so I cabbaged on to it. The bottom had some rust through because it spent it's life where the photo processing chemicals were but I was able to sandwich two pieces of plywood on the bottom (one inside, one outside) and added some casters. It worked good but it was getting hard to push around because there was so much stuff in it that the wheel would sit and get a flat spot on them, while I was at TSC I saw some iron casters for $5 each so I bought them and this morning I put them on the box.

I had vowed never to take the drawers out again after I had such a hassle getting them back in when we moved, but I did it anyway, as I was struggling to get the double tall bottom drawer back in I noticed that the bottom drawer slide had been bent at some time and the lower sides were trying to separate from the front bottom panel, so I straightened the rail back out and sledge hammered the side back straight and welded everything together. Drawers slide in and out good now the only problem I have is I have too much stuff to fit in it still, even after cleaning out a couple of drawers :roll: Oh well better too much as not enough tools.

I guess no paint on it I will let it live in patina :P

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

popscomet

Re: My Rat Rod Toolbox

Post by popscomet »

cool! …..OL POP is kinda partial to patina !!
pop/glenda