Catching up with the bro

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
SASSY

Catching up with the bro

Post by SASSY »

A brother of mine phoned me last night and we spent an hour catching up.
He told me a neat story, thought I'd share a bit of it.
He owned the car in this add 40 plus years ago!
Car has been stolen, partly stripped serial number removed, the hidden serial found reregisted, parts relocated. So it's had a tough life but sits in mostly original paint!
He's going to look at it on the weekend, not to buy though guess it's sold. Has stayed in southern Alberta it's whole life.
He actually had 2 of them in orange, this auto and a 4 speed drag pak car!!

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/ca ... nFlag=true
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

SASSY

Re: Catching up with the bro

Post by SASSY »

Guess O should've saved a couple pics,, ad is down :(
Anyway was a 70 429 Cobra Jet Torino
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

Lou's Comet

Post by Lou's Comet »

Fred,, your brother looking to buy one?

The reason I ask is my buddy's brother has one that has been sitting inside his barn/garage for like 30 years. He has been talking about selling it. 1970 Torino SCJ, 429, 4 speed, drag pack, shaker, bench seat, orange with I think black int. He got a Marti Report for it awhile ago and was talking about getting it running and ready to sell. I have not seen the car but he did say it had some rust on bottom of doors and front fenders. But it is the real deal. If your bro is interested I could find out more for him. The Car is located in south western Pa.

Lou

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

In our discussion that came up and no he wasn't interested in that one or another one. He's a builder of crazy stuff these days,, example his present build, an HHR that he converted to pickup on a S10 frame with Nailhead power west coast mirrors and a Henry J front end. My reaction was sounds like a wave in a slop pail, he laughed said thanks I like it too!
Snows where he lives,,, like ALL Canadians, he build a golf cart with a snow blade?? :lol:
Thanks for the thought Lou.
Fred

comethead

Post by comethead »

That’s a crazy story Fred. It’s amazing the lengths people will go to to screw other people over.
Would be cool to see the car.

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

Love those years!! There was a ‘68 Cyclone at the last show I went to...man!! I stared at it for a loooong time. The comparatively huge engine compartment made me grit my teeth! Think about how much knuckle skin you could’ve saved!!! :D :lol: :lol:
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)