Anniversary!!

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
Joe Travers

Re: Anniversary!!

Post by Joe Travers »

Congrats, Jim!

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

pfleuret

Post by pfleuret »

We celebrated our 50th in June. Did a long weekend in Santa Barbara where we were married. Hadn’t been there in 45 years lotta change.
Pat

1963 1/2 S-22 260/4spd

A/FX
Comet Central Member

Post by A/FX »

Congratulations to all of you! We hit the 46yr. mark this past May.
Today, July 2nd is the 55th anniversary of me owning my Cyclone. On July 2nd, 1968 I signed over my ‘64 Falcon two door sedan and some cash for the Cyclone. So my “mistress” has been with me longer than my wife! ( I hope she isn’t listening!)
Jim
‘64 Cyclone/ Boss 302,quads,4spd, Winters 9”

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Congrats Jim! Im a ways behind you coming up on completing 49 this fall.
I understand mistress all right!
I mentioned you to my wife and she said " and he didnt have to sell it?" to get married, to buy a house, to spend more time with her? She is a saint! Haha
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

SASSY wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:24 pm
I mentioned you to my wife and she said " and he didnt have to sell it?" to get married, to buy a house, to spend more time with her? She is a saint! Haha
Fred I'm having a problem with your math , you started this thread in fall of 2020,said it was your 48th ,& this is 2023, & you say 49th. I'm coming up with 51.time to recalculate. :o
Johno

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Once again I confused you my friend lol.
Married 50 years last fall, bought Sassy about 2 years later.
AFX Jim was talking about his marriage and his mistress both of which he has nurtured a long time.
I responded to Jims65cyclone ' s anniversary post after you and pops.
Possibly the smoke (which Im sorry for)from the Canadian wildfires is blurring your vision? Lol
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

A/FX
Comet Central Member

Post by A/FX »

SASSY wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:24 pm
I hate to hijack this tread but here is one more installment.
Selling any of my cars was never an option, we waited to tie the knot until we both were settled in good jobs and bought a starter home. I had my Cyclone and my ‘71 Comet GT, I had bought a ‘72 Comet GT for her so we both had “toys”. I wanted all of the cars in the wedding, in fact I hired guy to watch over the cars while we did the church ceremony. ( I warned everyone that screwing with my cars would have severe consequences)
Here is a photo of the cars taken just after we made it official.
Jim
‘64 Cyclone/ Boss 302,quads,4spd, Winters 9”

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Jim there is no such thing as high jacking on this forum, we're all D.B.Coopers on here so it dont matter. :lol:

I gotcha now Fred, yea I didn't scroll up enough,didn't even see you bigfoot pics. you snuck that in early in the morn,what time zone are you in? Pacific? mountain?

Hey Fred is yours on the 28th of oct.?
Johno

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

Me and my wife will be 25 years this Fall. I guess I am way behind you all.
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Thanks for the congrats, guys! It's been about 50 1/2 years since I sold my first mistress (65 Cyclone) to get married. Took 41 years, but I finally acquired my current mistress.
Hey, Fred! You guys need to keep your Canadian wildfire smoke up there. We were in Chattanooga, TN, on Friday and went to the top of Lookout Mountain, site of a famous Civil War battle. It was very impressive, but your smoke cast a haze over our view. :x :lol:

Jim

StPro

Post by StPro »

Congratulations on all the long time relationships. My wife and I will be celebrating our 50th in August. I don't remember what day I took delivery of My new 1971 Comet she doesn't $@^-#! if I forget so she is a keeper. Mid June I think.
Only use the brakes to stop and get gas.
Projects
65 Comet 421Stroker
93 Mark VIII Supercharged w/Fogger
70 Torino GT

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

StPro wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:31 pm
Congratulations on all the long time relationships. My wife and I will be celebrating our 50th in August. I don't remember what day I took delivery of My new 1971 Comet she doesn't $@^-#! if I forget so she is a keeper. Mid June I think.
That Comet is awesome!
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Boss/Cyclone wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:55 pm
StPro wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:31 pm
That Comet is awesome!
And he knows how to choose wheels!!

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Yes Johno the 28th. Mountain standard,, sleep is overrated,, well I never seem to get any!!?
Yes Jim the smoke has destroyed a lot of views Im sure.
I just read tonight there are over 500 wildfires at present.

MY63COMET

Post by MY63COMET »

Congrats to you Fred.

Wow, a lot of old timers here. I feel like a youngster only being married only 41 years. My wife told me if I ever divorced her she was going with me. Lol.
I feel blessed finding her. She has a lot of patience.