Cars and Coffee

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
loman

Re: Cars and Coffee

Post by loman »

poboyjo65 wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:40 pm
loman wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:36 pm
Events like this encourages me to have a streetable car again.
Yea who needs 3 race cars anyway? :lol:
You may be right Johno. However I only have 2, but maybe that is 2 to many. :D

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

loman wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:21 pm
poboyjo65 wrote:
loman wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:36 pm
Events like this encourages me to have a streetable car again.
I thought you had 3 65's? :?
Johno

loman

Post by loman »

poboyjo65 wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:43 pm
loman wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:21 pm
poboyjo65 wrote:

I thought you had 3 65's? :?
Your right, I do have 3 65's but no plans to make a race car out of the 3rd one.

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

loman wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:38 pm
Your right, I do have 3 65's but no plans to make a race car out of the 3rd one.
There's your streetable 65! 8)

Jim

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Went to C&C this morning. Mine was the only Comet there (of course). There was a full array of everything from an army jeep to a couple of Ferraris and everything in between. If you were interested in late model Mustangs, there were enough to start a dealership. :roll: A number of Coyotes. Couple of things that caught my eye were a Cougar with a Boss 520 in it, and a Cobra with a hardtop attached. That was the first Cobra I had seen with a HT, and I have to say I didn't care for it. It looked.....weird, especially from the rear, IMHO.

Jim

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

The Cougar is........Boss :D

Haven't made it to the local C&C in a few months. Sometimes weather, other times commitments.
Crazy because it's only a mile away from my house :oops:

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

JimsHot66

Post by JimsHot66 »

No C&C here for the last several weeks due to weather. There is sometimes a 64 Comet that shows up but that is it. I have yet to see another
66 Comet at C&C, Cruise nights, or car shows...or anywhere. Who knew these cars would become "rare". :)

Jim

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

I think that Cougar would look gawdy with those "things" sticking out of thd hood cruising down the road. The 520 isn't enough statement?
On the AC it just hit me how far back the engine is from the front spindle center line in that side shot.
Thanks for the pics! Still a while before cruising here too cause the white stuff keeps coming. Last year I insured my motorcycle on the 17 march,, not looking good for this year.
Have you been affected by the weather there, seeing some incredible pics coming out of CA. but don't know where you are relative to the problems.
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

SASSY wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:53 pm
I think that Cougar would look gawdy with those "things" sticking out of thd hood cruising down the road.
Yea, there's nothing practical about that car. The objective is shock and awe. Can you imagine getting stuck in a rain storm on a cruise? It would convert to a steam engine. :lol: Come to think of it, it did have a sort of calliope look when he closed the hood.

Jim

JimsHot66

Post by JimsHot66 »

SASSY wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:53 pm
Have you been affected by the weather there, seeing some incredible pics coming out of CA. but don't know where you are relative to the problems.
I'm in the Sierra foothills at about 1,400' elevation so not too much snow. C&C is at about 2,500' elevation and that area has gotten several feet of snow; nothing like the Lake Tahoe area which got hammered. Tahoe ski resorts will probably still be open into June.

Jim

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

They built that Cougar on Stacy David's "Gears". Great build, but I hated the velocity stacks. That car with a factory sytle Cougar GTE hood scoop would be amazing.
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Boss/Cyclone wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:37 pm
They built that Cougar on Stacy David's "Gears". Great build, but I hated the velocity stacks. That car with a factory sytle Cougar GTE hood scoop would be amazing.
Was it set up for racing or just show biz?

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Boss/Cyclone wrote:
They built that Cougar on Stacy David's "Gears".
You're right! And to think, my Comet was only five cars down the row from it. Probably the closest mine will ever come to fame. :roll: It was beautifully finished, though. I was thinking there were some deep pockets that built it. Curious how it was in Columbia, SC. Be interesting to see if it shows up at a future C&C. He had the cut-outs open when he left....had all the heads swiveling. 8)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ifpiyb1OjDs

Jim

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Jims65cyclone wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:34 pm
Boss/Cyclone wrote:
They built that Cougar on Stacy David's "Gears".
You're right! And to think, my Comet was only five cars down the row from it. Probably the closest mine will ever come to fame. :roll: It was beautifully finished, though. I was thinking there were some deep pockets that built it. Curious how it was in Columbia, SC. Be interesting to see if it shows up at a future C&C. He had the cut-outs open when he left....had all the heads swiveling. 8)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ifpiyb1OjDs
Looks like Barney answered my question :lol:

I'm w/ Boss on this one. Put some short stacks on the injectors and cover them w/ GTE scoop would really be sharp.
Screens on Webers and Hilborns kill benefit of running them. That part is all show biz. :?

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Spring is finally here! Beautiful day in the upper 70's. Went to Cars and Coffee this morning and another local cruise in this afternoon. The guy with the "Gears" built Cougar was at C&C again and let my 9 year old grandson sit behind the wheel.
He also got to sit in a Corvette. He was all smiles by the time we left.

The cruise-in this afternoon was the first since December, so there was a good turn out. Just a few shots of that:
Mine was the only Comet there :roll:

It was good to get back out and mix with a bunch of like-minded folks. 8)

Jim