Dove Manufacturing

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
Joe Travers

Dove Manufacturing

Post by Joe Travers »

Very interesting, I thought these guys folded but they're still getting it done.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNK_km_cgyw

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

vicegrip

Re: Dove Manufacturing

Post by vicegrip »

The kid isn't quite as talkative as the old man was.I talked to Jim a couple of times at the Columbus swap.Very interesting guy with some super cool stuff on display.I did buy a few things and wish I would have bought more.I read where they sold all the original Ford casting molds they had but who knows?Be nice to have somebody making those parts again.

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

Years ago (over 20 years ago) at the Columbus swap meet I talked to the old guy about drilling my 427 center oiler to become a side oiler. Wish I would have had it done, but put it off. Wonder if they still do this delicate operation? Might have to reach out to them.
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Boss/Cyclone wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:21 am
Years ago (over 20 years ago) at the Columbus swap meet I talked to the old guy about drilling my 427 center oiler to become a side oiler. Wish I would have had it done, but put it off. Wonder if they still do this delicate operation? Might have to reach out to them.
From the recent videos, they are servicing blocks for customers. I'd give them a call, Boss.
Watched one where they were drilling the oil drainback in aluminum Cammer block. 10-4.

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

Joe Travers wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:39 am
Boss/Cyclone wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:21 am
From the recent videos, they are servicing blocks for customers. I'd give them a call, Boss.
Watched one where they were drilling the oil drainback in aluminum Cammer block. 10-4.

Joe
They are only a 2 hour drive from my place. I'll give them a call soon.
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry