Question...about the 64 Comet

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
pstar0052

Question...about the 64 Comet

Post by pstar0052 »

How come I never see pictures of a 64 Comet 4 door? All the sites I have been to and all the sites that I have seen I never see a 4 door. Whats up with that?

SteveO
A Sailor belongs on ships, and ships belong out to sea. A day in port is a day wasted.

SASSY

Re: Question...about the 64 Comet

Post by SASSY »

True ,,i haven't seen many?
But ,You can help change that!!
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

pstar0052

Post by pstar0052 »

Fred,

I am surely going to try. Hey I got another question for you...the chrome grills...what can I use to clean them? Can I use chrome cleaner and Mothers chrome polish?

I appreciate it.

SteveO
A Sailor belongs on ships, and ships belong out to sea. A day in port is a day wasted.

Hillbilly Comet Man

Post by Hillbilly Comet Man »

I will tell you what I use on my grille,I polish it with chrome polish then spray a rag with WD-40 or other penetrating oil aand wipe it down pretty good,wait about 5 minutes and wipe off the excess.It will make your grille look like new for weeks,when it starts to dull do it again.
The other aalternatives are to have it chromed or reanodized.Both are expensive.
19'62 2Dr. Sedan, Black with Red interior.
1962 Comet S-22,Champagne w/beige and white interior
Black 1993 Ford Lightning

pstar0052

Post by pstar0052 »

Hey I appreciate it. I will give that a try.

SteveO

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

64's are the best looking 4 doors. Here is a pic of a 64 Caliente 4 door that looks like yours with rims, sweet. 8)
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

pstar0052

Post by pstar0052 »

Wow,

That is a sweet ride! WEEEEEEOOOOO So I guess there are a few four doors floating around. I plan to get mine looking that good.

Hillbilly Comet Man

Post by Hillbilly Comet Man »

My donor car for my V-8 5 LUG SWAP was a 64 Caliente 4 door.Black with red interior
19'62 2Dr. Sedan, Black with Red interior.
1962 Comet S-22,Champagne w/beige and white interior
Black 1993 Ford Lightning

Vervain

Post by Vervain »

pstar0052 wrote:How come I never see pictures of a 64 Comet 4 door? All the sites I have been to and all the sites that I have seen I never see a 4 door. Whats up with that?

SteveO
I was asking myself that same question when my mother gave me hers. I have now posted pics of her(the car) in the photos section and plan to update them as the project continues.
'64 Caliente 4dr