what did you do to your comet today?

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
popscomet

Re: what did you do to your comet today?

Post by popscomet »

JUST got back from the 1st monthly cruise- in gathering,,,,comet was a hit,,never would have thought there were so many red comets with a 4spd,,,cause half the people tonight said their brother or their daddy had one back in the day,just like mine,,same color red,I don't have the heart to tell them the red on mine ain't a factory red...I just grin and carry on with them...... :shock: 8) :lol: :wink:
pop/glenda

StPro

Post by StPro »

Most red cars all look like the same color until you park them next to each other. That's when reds turns to orange or brown compared to a real red.
Only use the brakes to stop and get gas.
Projects
65 Comet 421Stroker
93 Mark VIII Supercharged w/Fogger
70 Torino GT

fairlaniac

Post by fairlaniac »

I introduced the FE block to it's new home between the '64 Comet frame rails.
Doug Bender
1964 Comet Caliente
1966 Fairlane 427/4 Spd

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

fairlaniac wrote:I introduced the FE block to it's new home between the '64 Comet frame rails.
Cool ! :D how's the SFC's & patchwork coming? pardon if you have posted & I forgot.
Johno

fairlaniac

Post by fairlaniac »

poboyjo65 wrote:
fairlaniac wrote:I introduced the FE block to it's new home between the '64 Comet frame rails.
Cool ! :D how's the SFC's & patchwork coming? pardon if you have posted & I forgot.
I wonder if you are referring to the rust bucket I started with 2+ years ago? I picked up a much better condition '64 and moved on from the rust bucket. I fabricated a rear, frame & roll cage since.
Doug Bender
1964 Comet Caliente
1966 Fairlane 427/4 Spd

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

have hit the LIKE BUTTON several times,,you've done good work !!................pop
pop/glenda

comethead

Post by comethead »

It finally happened- my throttle bell crank busted a weld at the fixed bracket where the pedal pivots.
I went to start it and it was a sickening clunk and the gas pedal went to the floor :(

Good thing for spare parts! Back in action with a nice tight spare bellcrank. Quick adjustment and I was back on the road! :D

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

that's the very reason POP has never been one to get rid of his parts.....
pop/glenda

captian_napalm

Post by captian_napalm »

Pulled out the front seat, and old carpet......holy cow undercoating is a very bad thing. My floors are shot. I hope this can be repaired. pop riveted metal underneath. a boatload of old fiberglass. looks like crusin this summer is out of the question.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

JUST DON'T GET BURNT OUT ON WORK AND GIVE UP ON THE PROJECT.....the comet is well worth the work and the wait to go cruise-in,,,this will separate you from the wanna-be's............. :wink: :) pop
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

captian_napalm wrote:Pulled out the front seat, and old carpet......holy cow undercoating is a very bad thing. My floors are shot. I hope this can be repaired. pop riveted metal underneath. a boatload of old fiberglass. looks like crusin this summer is out of the question.
I doubt it was the undercoating, probably rusted from inside the cab by leaking seals. like Pop said ,keep your chin up & get er done!! :D
Johno

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

comethead wrote:It finally happened- my throttle bell crank busted a weld at the fixed bracket where the pedal pivots.
I went to start it and it was a sickening clunk and the gas pedal went to the floor :(

Good thing for spare parts! Back in action with a nice tight spare bellcrank. Quick adjustment and I was back on the road! :D

Joe
That might have been some of the spare parts I sent you. I'll never use ancient tech like that. it's like walking around the block to get to the other side of your house. I think I left you another slur about it on instagram !! :lol: :lol: Just ribbin ya buddy! but if I had another one I'd give it to ya too!!
Johno

comethead

Post by comethead »

poboyjo65 wrote:
comethead wrote:It finally happened- my throttle bell crank busted a weld at the fixed bracket where the pedal pivots.

Joe
That might have been some of the spare parts I sent you. I'll never use ancient tech like that. it's like walking around the block to get to the other side of your house. I think I left you another slur about it on instagram !! :lol: :lol: Just ribbin ya buddy! but if I had another one I'd give it to ya too!!
I have a strange satisfaction in making that old throttle system work. My car broke at home so no worries :D

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

NOW,that's a careing COMET,,,DOES IT'S BREAKNG AT HOME,,,ya'll must be very close :wink: :!: :lol:
pop/glenda

comethead

Post by comethead »

popscomet wrote:NOW,that's a careing COMET,,,DOES IT'S BREAKNG AT HOME,,,ya'll must be very close :wink: :!: :lol:
:lol: :lol: