what did you do to your comet today?

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
loman

Re: what did you do to your comet today?

Post by loman »

Nothing to exciting, but I changed the fuel filter, sprayed all my heim joints, and retorqued the intake, header, oil pan, and motorplate bolts on the black car. No rain forecasted for Sunday, so it might come off the jackstands and get driven up and down the driveway this afternoon.

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

Hopefully your initial driveway run goes better than mine Loman!! :D
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

caseville cyclone

Post by caseville cyclone »

Loman,is your driveway a quarter mile long with a christmas tree for a mailbox? Andy

loman

Post by loman »

caseville cyclone wrote:Loman,is your driveway a quarter mile long with a christmas tree for a mailbox? Andy
I wish! If I hit the lottery it might be. I got sidetracked today so I didn't get the chance to play.

caseville cyclone

Post by caseville cyclone »

Always something that pops up but tomorrows another day Loman!! Andy

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Was a pretty nice weather in the Ozarks and I have been itching to do something on the Comet :roll: Yesterday I rolled the rear diff out of it's cubby and wrapped it completely up in 55 gal trash bags as well as the header that has been laying out, I figure dirtdobbers will start looking for places to spit their mud on soon (I have these little wasp that build in every hole they can find as well with mud) I wish it was all on the car but it is what it is for now :roll:

I did go out and work on my roof a little, I have to get the rust half way removed and some sort of coating on it before it gets any worse, it has some bad pits on it so I am going to "fix" those first, it might not be the right way to do it, but it will get done.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

BJB

Post by BJB »

Installed the standard bucket seats after they were reupholstered.

https://imgur.com/a/MDEwI
"I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of drought and flooding rains,..enough with the floods already..."

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

lavron wrote:I figure dirtdobbers will start looking for places to spit their mud on soon (I have these little wasp that build in every hole they can find as well with mud).
I hate those things. :evil: I got a compressor from my dad one time that they had turned the cooling fins on the cylinder into a wasp condominium. :roll:
Jim

BJB

Post by BJB »

My ''66 Falcon was a daily driver until I retired it from everyday use and has been off the road for over a year. Time to spend some TLC and money on the old girl.

The engine had an exhaust leak at the manifold and the extractors are worn thin. Time to replace and repair.

I removed the intake manifold so I could get at the exhaust. A gent down under is designing a twin cast iron exhaust manifold that had been sold in the 60;s but they haven't been made since. I'm hanging out for one of those. https://imgur.com/a/t5zjn

The second owner of my car had fitted a '82 Falcon 2 barrel weber 34 carburettor. Engine needs a clean as does the engine bay.

https://imgur.com/a/1DJgj

Bruce

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

BJB wrote:The engine had an exhaust leak at the manifold and the extractors are worn thin. Time to replace and repair.

I removed the intake manifold so I could get at the exhaust. A gent down under is designing a twin cast iron exhaust manifold that had been sold in the 60;s but they haven't been made since. I'm hanging out for one of those. https://imgur.com/a/t5zjn

The second owner of my car had fitted a '82 Falcon 2 barrel weber 34 carburettor. Engine needs a clean as does the engine bay.

https://imgur.com/a/1DJgj

Bruce
Super cool, I wish they would have had that head here in the US, I would love to have one 8)

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

BJB

Post by BJB »

Mike, Classic Inlines in the US were selling them, albeit an alloy version. That company ceased trading due to the death of the owner but there was talk of it being resurrected by the family???? https://fordsix.com/ci/AlumOverview-2.html

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

BJB wrote:Mike, Classic Inlines in the US were selling them, albeit an alloy version.
Yes I know, not in the budget yet, maybe someday, at least it is just a bolt on part that doesn't require anything changed to install it.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Got the other half of my roof mostly de-rusted and sprayed with rust reformer even though I started out the morning wire brushing off rust and ice, by the time I sprayed it it was probably in the 70s.

I took pictures and will post my steps later on my build thread when I get time to go through them.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

Put the hood back on after almost 2-years!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

AND ol pop likes the fire out of it,looks great !! you've done well my friend................POP
pop/glenda