what did you do to your comet today?

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
Tims1965MercuryComet

Re: what did you do to your comet today?

Post by Tims1965MercuryComet »

This was at a car show June 17th, at Mile High Middle School in Prescott, AZ. 1966 Cyclone S code GT. 390, 4 speed. The color is original Amber Glo. Hope I'm right about the color. First time I have seen a Comet in a car show up here. There was a really nice restored 1963 Galaxie XL, 427, 4 speed. Did not get a pic of it.
Tim

Last edited by Tims1965MercuryComet on Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1965 Caliente 4 door
1968 302
Edelbrock Torker manifold and carb

Tims1965MercuryComet

Post by Tims1965MercuryComet »

Installed a PerTronix 1281 ignitor and coil. Starts way easier now. New Autolite AP45 plugs gapped at. 040. Feels like it's running smoother.
Tim
1965 Caliente 4 door
1968 302
Edelbrock Torker manifold and carb

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

SHARP VERY SHARP !! look at those whls,,,,those whls make any color stand out....eat your heart out cragars lovers :!: :!: 8) :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink:
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

been runnin honey do's,last couple of weeks in the little red ride,,it still amazes me after all the years and the miles that has rolled up on this 289,that it just tools right along as smooth as it does,,and so far it has never had a VC off since back in the 90's,,,if I build 5 more 289's ,I'll more then likely never build another like this one,,,,,but it could break the next time I take it out....man ,that would be a pisser :shock: :!:
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

TIME to spit shine the OL RED RIDE,weather is gonna work with us and the monthly cruise in is gonna happen this afternoon......so alittle soap and water and then dry it off,and I'll be ready.....JOHN... I'll be dang sure to wash the tires,,,will holler later,,,pop
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

popscomet wrote:TIME to spit shine the OL RED RIDE,weather is gonna work with us and the monthly cruise in is gonna happen this afternoon......so alittle soap and water and then dry it off,and I'll be ready.....JOHN... I'll be dang sure to wash the tires,,,will holler later,,,pop
Dont forget to polish the TTD's!!! :P
Johno

caseville cyclone

Post by caseville cyclone »

My grandson and I started installing the dyno mat on the floor of the 65 comet today. He removed the four speed hump and I vacuumed the floor and cleaned with Duplicolor wax and grease remover. We started up at the firewall and got 3 pieces of insulation down and my grandson rolled it. Installation sure looked a lot easier on youtube. We"ll stick with it and get it done. Andy

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

JUST made it home from the cruise in,,lots of everything you can think of right down to a 1902 oldsmobile,,the old man claims it's one of 3 left in the world,,the other 2 are in muesums....but he also claims GM has offered 1.5 million dollars for it and a private collecter has offered 3.5 million for it....I told him at 73 yrso...it would not take a hemmoroid doctor to tell who the pain in the butt is on this deal...but he says he not tired of it yet,,,,,,but back to the real world....POP's old comet was a big hit..what gets me is that every 7th person had one just like it or their brother or their uncle etc,,one guy said his sister had one, red with a black top and a 4spd that she street raced back in the 60's,then I got a couple of leads on 2 more sittin .....might try to find them just for grins and giggles........pop
pop/glenda

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

popscomet wrote:hen I got a couple of leads on 2 more sittin .....might try to find them just for grins and giggles
You know they are Novas or Chevy2s right? :roll:

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

lavron wrote:
popscomet wrote:hen I got a couple of leads on 2 more sittin .....might try to find them just for grins and giggles
You know they are Novas or Chevy2s right? :roll:

See Ya,
Mike
these aren't,, :roll: come to find out,one ain't 15 miles from me,it's red 2drht cal no motor no trans,,the guy said it has just a tad of rust in the qtrs. and he took a big fork lift and sat it up on a rack to keep it off the dirt,,,,these ole boys know the difference :roll: :shock: one is a white 2drht been sitting at an abanded house for yrs....both are 64's...the white one is an hour drive,but that is the one that interest me the most,,,,it's susposed to be complete,,,like I need something else to work on..... :shock: :roll: :wink: :lol:
pop/glenda

redhotcomet

Post by redhotcomet »

Just ordered carpet from Rock Auto. I've been putting it off for so long, I just decided to do it! Of course with international shipping it won't be here til the 18th or something. :roll:
1964 Caliente hardtop, 302/T5/8.8"

Boatmangc

Post by Boatmangc »

Opened all the recent shipments for the mod pile.
SS brake lines
Rear Disc conversion kit
Full set of prothane motor and trans mounts
Tranny filter kit
Rear axle seals

Looks like I am going to be busy!
1967 Caliente Hardtop Small Block
Factory A/C
Factory Front discs
Factory AM/FM

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Boatmangc wrote:Opened all the recent shipments for the mod pile.
SS brake lines
Rear Disc conversion kit
Full set of prothane motor and trans mounts
Tranny filter kit
Rear axle seals

Looks like I am going to be busy!
COOL ! now get busy :shock: :wink:
pop/glenda

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

I met up with Mopar346 yesterday afternoon and took possession of a solid floor pan. Now to figure out how to install it. This piece will be an awesome fix to my Swiss cheese floor pan. Thanks Kevin. It is much appreciated, Pugs.
302 roller
4 speed
Real cars are built to be driven and driven hard!!!

caseville cyclone

Post by caseville cyclone »

Floor insulation finished. Seams are taped,looks good. I have red vinyl to install on rear seat riser and then ready for carpet. Andy