what did you do to your comet today?

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
Rocket989

Re: what did you do to your comet today?

Post by Rocket989 »

Very nice Ken!! Nothing wrong with double Black man!! :D :lol: :lol:
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Rocket989 wrote:Very nice Ken!! Nothing wrong with double Black man!! :D :lol: :lol:
Looks like a dark green to me. what ever it is it is gonna look great,I can feel it! :D
Johno

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Looks great, Ken. You should start a build thread in the 64-65 Comets section, and post all your pics of what you've done and what you do going forward along with some comments on how, what and why. It can serve as your own thread on your car, and be easily found by others that search for build threads for ideas and inspiration. Suggestion: rotate your pics right side up before you post the links. My neck was getting sore. :lol: :lol:
Jim

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

poboyjo65 wrote:
Rocket989 wrote:Very nice Ken!! Nothing wrong with double Black man!! :D :lol: :lol:
Looks like a dark green to me. what ever it is it is gonna look great,I can feel it! :D
$&@# - even better! On my phone it looked Black! :roll: :lol: :lol: Took a look on the Mac...awesome color!

garch65

Post by garch65 »

Thank-you,
I would enjoy sharing that information but computers and I struggle a bit as you can see by the pictures. The pictures looked right, but after transferring them they came in wrong. I pulled the motor and had the engine compartment painted. The actual exterior paint is the stock Green to match my vin, I wanted to do the stock Ivy Gold interior, but I just couldn't get use to it. original motor, original transmission. I had to search extensively for a speedo gear for my transmission as no one makes those, I will be very careful, if I ever need to take the transmission apart again...if you have a metal speedo gear for a 4 speed t-10's its like gold! save it :)
I used Northwest West Classic to order all my interior, quality was better then expected. I watched a lot of You tube videos and I am tackling the interior with success. I ordered most of my replacement parts from all over but I need to give a shout out to Melvin's Classic Ford part, exceptional service with fast shipping and knowledgable. When its completed, I will send more photos, its a full restoration except its not frame off. I want to enjoy driving it a lot :)).
As for the Doug's Tri Y headers, they fit perfect with no adjustments and it is a tight fit.
I am thinking of Magnum 500's to go with my black and chrome theme and I believe I have 14's for tires. I also believe the tires are 205's, they seem small for the size of the car?, Any input on what I can fit without changing anything would be great. Are Magnum 500's ok for this car? I don't want to upset pop's?? 8)
After reading about the original brakes and disks, I am leaning towards keeping it original. I understand the safety aspects but it just seems more authentic to the car... I will keep a space cushion as I know they need more space in todays world. They seem fine to me...
Great people with Great cars! Maybe someday we can find a mutual location for a Comet Run!

Garch65
Ken

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

garch65 wrote: I had to search extensively for a speedo gear for my transmission as no one makes those, I will be very careful, if I ever need to take the transmission apart again...if you have a metal speedo gear for a 4 speed t-10's its like gold! save it :)
Garch65
Ken
I bet I know of a man who would agree with you on that!! :lol: :lol: He finally found one after 7 years.Did you ever find one? the part number is T10H-169A if you didnt, not that it will help :roll: :lol: .
Johno

garch65

Post by garch65 »

I did!! I went state by state, city by city on Craigslist auto parts and found a photo of a garage loaded with transmissions. I emailed several people and found only 1. The guy with tons of transmissions knew it too, but I begged and got it for $100. perfect condition...I honestly couldn't believe it when it arrived! It was one of those situations, were it's was priceless and he could have charged whatever he wanted. He appreciated my story and was humble! I got lucky!!

garch65

Post by garch65 »

That part number is correct :) I requested a picture before he mailed it because its so rare. hahaha

garch65

Post by garch65 »

A few more photos...of my project.

Ken
Attachments
thumbnail.jpeg
thumbnail.jpeg (62.69 KiB) Viewed 3609 times
thumbnail.jpeg
thumbnail.jpeg (43.58 KiB) Viewed 3609 times
thumbnail.jpeg
thumbnail.jpeg (34.95 KiB) Viewed 3609 times
thumbnail.jpeg
thumbnail.jpeg (46.63 KiB) Viewed 3609 times
thumbnail.jpeg
thumbnail.jpeg (61.77 KiB) Viewed 3609 times
thumbnail.jpeg
thumbnail.jpeg (39.7 KiB) Viewed 3609 times
thumbnail.jpeg
thumbnail.jpeg (63.02 KiB) Viewed 3609 times
thumbnail.jpeg
thumbnail.jpeg (51.58 KiB) Viewed 3609 times
thumbnail.jpeg
thumbnail.jpeg (51.1 KiB) Viewed 3609 times

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

1st of all,,your doing great,,gonna have a very sharp comet....as far as the mag500's,they will work like a clock...OL POP ran 14in 500's on his ol red ride for several yrs,,,in fact my spare is still a 500.( I have the other 4 put away,as I have had them over 30 yrs),,,500's look good on anything,,I have had this same set of 500's on a 63 falcon,64 mustang,67 fairlane 64 comet,,,,the car may go,,but I never let those whls get away from me...thank you and the very best of luck on your comet...pop
pop/glenda

garch65

Post by garch65 »

I got Pop's Blessings on my Magnum 500's- Thank-you Pops!

Ken

loman

Post by loman »

I really like that green! My 1st 65 was ivy gold inside and out. Being a kid, the ivy gold wasn't cool enough for me at the time so i had it painted the dark green like yours. With ivy gold interior, your exterior colors are limited, JMO. Today I like the ivy gold when I see them, because it is a rare color.
Keep up the good work and glad you scored on the speedo gear.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

garch65 wrote:I got Pop's Blessings on my Magnum 500's- Thank-you Pops!

Ken
10-4 good buddy................pop
pop/glenda

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

Impromptu trip to a local car show! I was driving to brothers & saw a show...beautiful day AND I had a bunch of yard work I SHOULD have been doing... :roll: :mrgreen:

Went home and grabbed the Comet, one seat, one door panel, tools tossed about inside & all! :lol: I had the wife follow with the kids. They had a bounce house & playground at the church so the boys did OK. My younger little man really liked a 30’s Plymouth rod...it was pretty nice. Not many Fooooords but it was to support a local food pantry.

I used the info board the PO sent with the car & put the COMET CENTRAL banner on the top of the sign with all the mechanical detail on air cleaner!! :lol: :lol:

I have one caliper that’s squeaking a bit and still caught a whiff of clutch disc when doing the back & forth shuffle to get it over in garage (I guess I could try one more round of adjusting the hydro clutch, but it shifts great...) but this is the first time in 4-years i feel like I’ve done anything but work on the heap...so not a bad day (still put in a few hours in the yard when we got home though)! :lol: :lol:

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

It was a nice day for it.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058