what did you do to your comet today?

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
lavron
Site Admin

Re: what did you do to your comet today?

Post by lavron »

I actually washed my Comet today.

Now that my pressure washer is working I want to wash everything :roll: I probably knocked all the protective grime off my Comet and it will rust worse now.

Something else I thought about today as I was washing the green algae off the north side, a car shouldn't have a north side :( :?

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

lavron wrote:
a car shouldn't have a north side :( :?

See Ya,
Mike
Lol,,, that says a lot without saying much!!!
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Last friday nite I took Sassy over the highest pavement pass in BC to check out the cars that were going in the Nelson CarShow.
4th gear 3.0s in the back 70mph up the pass and silly fast down,, lol
Cruised up the channel to the ferry landing and back to Nelson just for the drive, watched the parade and blew home.
About 200 miles altogether, after supper!
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

SASSY wrote:Cruised up the channel to the ferry landing and back to Nelson just for the drive, watched the parade and blew home.
About 200 miles altogether, after supper!
Fred one thing I like about you is you are not afraid to take that Comet on a road trip, a goal of mine someday 8)

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Well Mike, better to be liked for one thing than not at all, lol :mrgreen:
Today Sassy was a truck,,, the alt went in the truck, Marilyn was out with the minivan, and I needed to be at a job so I threw the ball on the hitch of Sassy, hooked up the cargo trailer and went to work.
Fred

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

lavron wrote: Fred one thing I like about you is you are not afraid to take that Comet on a road trip, a goal of mine someday 8)

See Ya,
Mike
That's my objective for my car, too. I want to have no concerns about striking out for, say, Atlanta (a 400 mile round trip from here). 8)
Jim

Goader190

Post by Goader190 »

I got both strut towers cut out and picked up an IFR from a 04 crown vic next will come the fun part making it fit!!
I will be posting all the steering stuff for sale soon
65 Comet Caliente plans for heavy mods

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

Fred's not afraid to take Sassy wher he needs to. Like him I hope to get a hitch I bought and modified to fit on Comechero for the day it may be needed. No immediate plans but would be nice to have that capability. Have a hitch made for a late model Lincoln that will be an easy mod to fit and stronger than anything i would try to pull with it. It will be hidden behind the bumper so not obvious and with an hinged license plate hiding the receiver location. Same hitch could easily be made to fit a sedan as well as a ranchero.
Nice going Fred.
Ron
Last edited by Comechero65 on Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

YEEEPP..BUILD THIS THINGS TO DRIVE !! ol pop has driven his many miles and been in several states and on 2 power tours......and has been on a few gravel roads,at a slow pace might I add,,but with a couple of cane poles stuck out the window going fishing, talking about tr hiches,I have a couple off early mustangs,,wonder how hard they would be mod and make it work on a comet...this 65 comet that I have been trying to buy for yrs from my HS SHOP TEACHER has a hitch on it cause he pulled a MC tr with his dirt blke on it for yrs,,it's chrome plated which makes me think back in the day ,one was sold built just for a comet.....but I think it has a brkt that bolts to the bumper behind the lic plate,so's a hole has to drilled in the bumper,(or 2),,,,,that I may not like...thanks .....OL POP
pop/glenda

redhotcomet

Post by redhotcomet »

Just got back from a ~4000 km (2500 miles) road trip out to Vancouver Island and back with the redhot car. It averaged around 10.5L/100km or 22.4 US MPG which I can't complain about. Only trouble we had was some exhaust clamps getting loose on the way home just as we left my parents place. Quick fix since he has a 2 post lift. Pictures to come!
1964 Caliente hardtop, 302/T5/8.8"

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

TODAY,,in 1963 ,,was the start of the durability run in which those 5 64 comets ran for 40 days and nights til they ran 100,000 miles,,,
pop/glenda

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

redhotcomet wrote:Just got back from a ~4000 km (2500 miles) road trip out to Vancouver Island and back with the redhot car. It averaged around 10.5L/100km or 22.4 US MPG which I can't complain about. Only trouble we had was some exhaust clamps getting loose on the way home just as we left my parents place. Quick fix since he has a 2 post lift. Pictures to come!
Hey! Missed this post.
22.5 US is great mileage! Next time take #3 it'd be great to meet over a coffee!
Fred

redhotcomet

Post by redhotcomet »

Hey Fred, we originally thought about taking #3 home but its quite a bit further for us and by the time we were starting to head that way we just wanted to be home! Next year I'd like to take a trip down that way and check out Waterton park, or whats left of it anyways after the fires! My brother has lived in Beaver Mines for years and we haven't ever been down there so we probably should soon!
1964 Caliente hardtop, 302/T5/8.8"

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Beaver mines?,,,, had to google that one!
Man, 82 people, makes our hamlet of Wynndel a metropolis with 500 or so population.
Ya, 3 would quite a bit longer for you but it is a beautiful drive.
Totally different drive too with many small towns, twisty roads, valleys and mountain passes.
Fred

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

Fred, Beautiful backdrop and nice pic. Wish i were there.
Ron