needed

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
alans 64

needed

Post by alans 64 »

figured more would look at this forum than the wanted one. I got some much needed caliente script emblems from Pro-Jim a while back. as par for the course the mail played kick ball with the package and one was broken. tried to epoxy together by no good. soooooo, to finish up the exterior I need one. the only difference I can find between the 64 and 65 is the number of mounting pins. either would work or a 66-67. any help on locating one would be appreciated.

also I could use a rt fender lower or left upper (same) long trim piece. the one I have barely makes driver use. working to try and get ready for good guys in march.

alan
64 Caliente 2 dr ht A/FX sold to a fellow forum member
http://www.picturetrail.com/alanan55 past & present rides
40 ford coupe sold 1979 found in garage sitting for 34 years back home again.

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Re: needed

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

Alan;I will dig through my parts tomorrow,I should have a set for a 65. ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

383MERC

Re: needed

Post by 383MERC »

Alan, I didn't realize it at first myself, but there is a difference between 64 and 65. I bought a set of 64 part number pieces for my 65 and when i installed them, they "rocked" a little. Apparently the 65's have a slight cupped shape to the back of them and the 64 ones are flat and square. They still fit, but mine rock a little if you mess with them. The other thing i noticed is one year was hollow on the back and the other year was solid. Mark
1963 Comet S-22 Drag Car
1964 Fairlane 2 door sedan T-Bolt Clone
2007 Shelby GT
1989 LX 5.0 Convertible