Texas Wildfires/ houses and cars lost

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
alans 64

Texas Wildfires/ houses and cars lost

Post by alans 64 »

Had some bad wildfires a couple of weeks ago. lost about 60 house in 2 different areas of Amarillo.
My good friend lost his shop and in it was 50 years of hot rodding to include 2- 56 crown vic skyliners (1 restored 1 project), a restored 57 bird, 49 hot rod w/ flattie, 40 ford p/u, 67 chev impala vert, 56 ford vert hot rod w/ 3-2s, a brand new never fired 401 nailhead w/ 6-2's for the 40 p/u and many engines, trans, intakes, tools, parts, etc., not to mention all projects stored outside.

had a muncie and a sbc tunnel ram on the floor that are a litterly melted puddle on the floor now.

worst of all only insurance on the 57 bird and a small amount on the 55 vert. no homeowners, no nothing. at least his house was spared.

I know the pictures aren't that good but maybe you can get an idea of his loss. notice all the cars on the fence row that were burned up as well.

something thats hard to explain, in one picture is a mustang that was not touched. just burned the grass under the car.

his son across the street and down a ways lost his complete house.

wild fires are bad, nasty and dangerous. makes me glad I retired as chief of our volunteer dept 3 years ago. we are still under extreme fire danger and red flag warnings.

as you can tell from the cars Larry was a pretty die hard ford guy, but in something like this it don't matter what your preferences are as to brand. he has kept up a pretty good attitude considering the loss and his comment was "gotta figure where to start over"

alan

64 Caliente 2 dr ht A/FX sold to a fellow forum member
http://www.picturetrail.com/alanan55 past & present rides
40 ford coupe sold 1979 found in garage sitting for 34 years back home again.

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Re: Texas Wildfires/ houses and cars lost

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

Alan;I am very sorry to hear about your friends loss,it is heart breaking but it is replaceable,I hope he and his family are all OK.I bleed Ford Blue,but I hate to see anyone lose their collection,no matter the brand!!! ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

comethead

Post by comethead »

Thats hard to look at. I wish them well.

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Just think about the things over the yrs of collecting that he's forgot about,that was in that shop.He and family are in our PRAYERS....and BRAND-NAME ain't sh--,,IT was his collection,makes no difference if was A HAT COLLECTION...it was his..and to lose it in this manner is so sad. POP
pop/glenda