Track Report

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
pugs65

Re: Track Report

Post by pugs65 »

To get em Pop.
302 roller
4 speed
Real cars are built to be driven and driven hard!!!

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

BAD NIGHT BOYS AND GIRLS,,, pop came in 5th in the heat race,but forgot to drive thru tech area and so I was DQ'd,,,just absent minded on my part,,,then in the feature race ,I spun out twice bringing out a caution and on the 2nd you are required to leave the track..the track was so rough and slick and dusty,I wasn't the only one and SON was involved in a pretty good fender bender and got his radiator knock loose and it was draggin the ground,so he had an early end to his night,,,,,then to top it all off,,GRD SON CORY,blew the rods thru the oil pan on both sides,,brand new motor,,,after 9 laps....but he runs a bow tie engine..so there you go !!...we will start fightin it in the morning and try to be back Saturday night,,,,OH ! my power steering try to lock up a few times,that could be the reason I spun out,,,cause OL POP never spins out,at least I'm gonna blame it on the power steering :wink: KENNY SCHARDAR from NASCAR was racing with us tonight,,,he raced with CORY CLASS....SO FOLKS THAT'S THE GOOD BAD AND UGLY,hope to be back sat night with more good then the other :shock: :wink: :roll: :D :D ps I still had a good time and that's what really counts to me and my crew chief..... 8) :wink:
pop/glenda

Loner

Post by Loner »

Good that you got it all over in one night!!
Even the bad days are fun it's just the good days that are funner!! As long as nobody gets hurt we call that a good day. Take care Pops, Matt

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

yep,no one got hurt,,that;s all that really matters....but tonight OL POP SHOWED OUT,my little ford ran like a scolded ass ape,,I came in 7th,,,and 10th last night....made a good payday..we replaced the rad in son's car and he wound winning the feature race tonight,,,,so he made a better payday,,next week CORY WILL CHANGE motors in the bowtie car,,and will race next sat night,but me and son will have the next 2 sat off...it sure has been hot and dry and very dusty at the track,,,but OL POP has made it just fine,cause I'm out in it all the time...the other day the heat index was 107 and I was on a tractor bush hoggin,non stop for over 5 hrs.....that's why OL POP can take the heat better then most,,I don't ever suck up much AC ,til I go to bed.....that's the GOOD,,,,NO BAD AND UGLY to report tonight..thanks..pop
pop/glenda

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

Glad everybody made it home safe Pop. You need to try and talk Cory's outlaw in to running a Ford motor just one time. He will see the light and never run another bowtie again. JMO, Pugs.
302 roller
4 speed

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

pugs65 wrote:Glad everybody made it home safe Pop. You need to try and talk Cory's outlaw in to running a Ford motor just one time. He will see the light and never run another bowtie again. JMO, Pugs.
CORY RAN FORDS for along time.won several championships in a ford and lots of good paydays,,but here a couple of yrs ago he got big sponsorship from a large dealership and they perfered a bowtie,,then he had a engine builder sponser his motors for awhile,but it was a gm,then he married into a gm raceing family,so CORY will stay GM,,,,BUT THAT DON'T STOP OL POP FROM RAGGIN ON HIM WHEN ONE OF THOSE GM BLOWS :lol:
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

WHEN ol pop started driving again in this dirt track car a few wks ago,my personal goal was to make it into the top 10....WELL,as of Wednesday when the track posts the weekly points,,I was in 10th place !! Don't know if I hang on or climb higher,,am gonna to try to climb higher up the list,,,but something could happen to the car or I might get took out and not get to finish the feature and lose bunches of points..but for RIGHT NOW I AM TICKLED PINK TO BE IN THE TOP TEN :shock: :shock: :D :D 8) 8) POP
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Congrats PoP! keep up the pace!! :D :D
Johno

tweaked

Post by tweaked »

Wow Pops glad to see you have not slowed down a bit. give'm Hell.
Roger
65 comet 7.61@96mph 1/8
Made in Canada, Built for speed.
Tweaked65 on instagram

https://youtu.be/JCVwEitXSi4

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

it comes with age ,,yrs ago it was balls to the wall,,,if you saw a gap twix 2 cars and you knew in your mind this move may not work .....YOU DID IT ANYWAY :!: :shock: but now,OL POP hangs back and waits for that bigger gap to happen..and I plan my moves....the reward comes to those who can wait the longest...most times...I wait for those young guns to crash out or blow up and OL POP just keeps on inching forward and going to the pay window......I'll never make the race car HALL OF FAME....but my crew chief pats me on the back when we turn out the lights and call it a day.....GRD SON races tonight so will be headed to the track in awhile... :D :D .............pop
pop/glenda

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

Congrats on the point standings Pop. Patience is a great thing to have in racing on dirt. I hope Cory did well last night.
302 roller
4 speed

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

pugs65 wrote:Congrats on the point standings Pop. Patience is a great thing to have in racing on dirt. I hope Cory did well last night.
WE had a fair night,the new bowtie engine CORY put in did good,BUT :shock: and there is always a BUT,THE CLUTCH died,I had to push CORY CAR onto the track to start the feature,he runs a special transmission called a BRINE,IT HAS THE CLUTCH in the transmission,,about the size of a MOTOR CYCLE cluch only it has about 5 disc,,it's a costly unit,,when you take off,you push the pedal DOWN AND AFTER YOU shift it one time into high gear,it has a coupleing on the back of the motor that locks it direct,,,the are costly to buy but cheap to maintine,,,I don't know much as I want to or need to about one of them but DWAYNE does ,so we are safe,,but I will pay attention and learn more....at least we got in a whole night of raceing,,with CORY and his bowtie motor !THERE were so many cars last night,this track runs on Friday nights ,but was rained out and our home track was rained out sat night so everyone went to the same track,the pits were full of cars and trailers...but all went smooth other then the clutch deal..cory did good ,altho he did spin it out and didn't have e;nuff clutch to take off and get it rolling to get it locked up in high gear,but that happened almost at the end..AND WE ALL MADE IT HOME SAFE...
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

WELL,we have had a couple of wks off,but tonight we race...am a little rusty ,am sure but I'll knock it off the 1st lap( I hope) ...back later with the ,,good bad and the ugly....wish OL POP GOOD LUCK ,,CAUSE I NEED ALL I CAN GET :wink: :D ....POP
pop/glenda

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

Good luck Pop. We'll be waiting for the good, bad, and ugly, Pugs.
302 roller
4 speed

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

pugs65 wrote:Good luck Pop. We'll be waiting for the good, bad, and ugly, Pugs.
X 2 ! :D
Johno