Track Report

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
popscomet

Re: Track Report

Post by popscomet »

GOT home little while ago,,,23 cars started the main feature ,we came in 6th,started outside pole ,got shoved dang near off the track to keep from a major pile up,made it back up to 4th then had to go high to avoid another whreck,1 slipped by ,so all in all we had a very good night,son did a super job of driving avoiding those pile ups,we didn't get a scratch ,grandson also drove a car for a friend,but had to come in early due to carburater problems......a good night in deed....pop
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

WE're rained out!! pop
pop/glenda

383MERC

Post by 383MERC »

Looking like another rainout this weekend. This makes it almost a month since we raced. Really getting tired of this crap weather! Big swap meet at Englishtown Raceway Park. Maybe i'll go walk in the rain and look at acres of parts. Might be a good warmup for Fall Carlisle next week. Mark
1963 Comet S-22 Drag Car
1964 Fairlane 2 door sedan T-Bolt Clone
2007 Shelby GT
1989 LX 5.0 Convertible

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

WELL don't feel like the lone ranger 383 merc,,calling for rain here saturday ,looks like a rain out for us also ! enjoy your walk in the rain,,,POP
pop/glenda

383MERC

Post by 383MERC »

Thanks Pop! I would probably enjoy walking in the snow as long as it was at a massive flea market full of race car parts! HAHA Mark
1963 Comet S-22 Drag Car
2007 Shelby GT
1989 LX 5.0 Convertible

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Son and I bought another race car past sunday,needs a motor,got a spare just got to freshn it up and install,got my motor lined out,other night,got a big race coming up on the 13th,,on top of that,going this coming sunday to get a 99 mercury couger to make an ENDURO car out of...have a 200 lap ENDURO race coming up the 14th,got a 18 yr family member that thinks he wants to be another bill elliott,so we gonna build this couger ,put him in it,100 laps turning left,stop,100 laps the other direction,,,,he's a great kid,just thinks he's 10ft tall and bullit proof,,bad part is ,,someone needs to ride with him !! right now there are no takers !Push come to shove,,OLE POP is pulling RANK !!!this race isn't about speed,it's about being there at the end !(longevity)I don't want to be a passenger in any race car for 200 laps....good luck to all ...POP
pop/glenda

383MERC

Post by 383MERC »

Looks like we're back on for Saturday racing at Atco NJ! Weatherman gave us a break. Woo Hoo!
1963 Comet S-22 Drag Car
2007 Shelby GT
1989 LX 5.0 Convertible

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Weather is still IFFY around here for now ,,,we'll have to wait to see what tommorrow( if the 2nd M bothers you,take it out) brings,,here's to hopeing for the best,pop
pop/glenda

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

popscomet wrote:Weather is still IFFY around here for now ,,,we'll have to wait to see what tommorrow( if the 2nd M bothers you,take it out) brings,,here's to hopeing for the best,pop
Nah, its good reminds me of Kyle's car :wink:
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

383MERC

Post by 383MERC »

Just got home. Went down to the quarter finals (7 cars). Lost on a double breakout with identical reaction times! I was just not willing to give up the stripe!
1963 Comet S-22 Drag Car
2007 Shelby GT
1989 LX 5.0 Convertible

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

YOU did good ,mark.....we got RAINED OUT,,,,,pop
pop/glenda

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

Mark;I HATE racing the stripe!!!!!! ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

383MERC

Post by 383MERC »

I'm usually pretty darn good at the stripe, but we had identical reaction times and both picked up because of the temp drop. I wasn't about to give up the stripe, but whoever took the stripe was going to break out by more and lose. Yeah well.
1963 Comet S-22 Drag Car
2007 Shelby GT
1989 LX 5.0 Convertible

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

RAINED OUT,,,,cold front came thru,dropped temp 30 plus degrees,and it been raining like a COW pissing on a flat rock !!! My son /grandson put to gether a new eng and a race car,so's we'll have 2 on the track, BUT ..GOT no PLACE to race tonight......have a great wk end !!!!!! POPs
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Have burnt a lot of pass midnight oil in the last week,but I think we're over the hump,,new motor (and car) seems to do ok,POP lives on a dead end private road,so grandson ran down the road and back,twisted it 7200 according to the recall tach,,ran and pulled good,,,,we also got a '99 mer cougar almost ready for the EUNDRO race (200 laps) coming up sunday after noon,so sat night -sunday after noon is tied up...thanks ,,have a good one POPs
pop/glenda