Track Report

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
popscomet

Re: Track Report

Post by popscomet »

loman wrote:Pop,
Congrats on your good season so far and I hope it continues so you can walk across that stage!
thanks...am tryin !!
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

just read the new point standing's....OL POP has moved up to 8th place....more then likely I won't get much if any higher..I just need to try and maintine where I'm at.....my goal was to be in the top 10..trust me that is a feat in it's self....these ol boys are younger and have faster cars then I do,,I have to drive SMART and try to stay out of trouble..but where ever I finish for the season,,,I have had a blast and made alittle money along the way,cause I'm still raceing on my winning's from week to week,,mostly because nothing has happened to the car.....no repairs,,,gonna put it on the lift and start checking it out today,cause grd son wants to drive it Friday night in a big race at NASCAR'S MARK MARTAIN'S home track,,BATESVILLE,ARK,,hour and a half from my place ,,hope whom ever read's this has a great and eventful day.......pop
pop/glenda

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Good luck, Pop! Be safe.
Jim

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Jims65cyclone wrote:Good luck, Pop! Be safe.
Jim
thanks ...I will !!pop
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

WENT to the CAJUN NAT'S LAST NIGHT,was held at MARK MARTIN'S TRACK,,we did OK,,but we honestly brought a barlow pocket knife to a machine gun fight,we were so out motored,,these guys race this series for a living,,these are the big boys of the class... they travel around and race weekly,they came from surrounding states in motor homes and nice trailers.CORY still came in 5th in the B MAIN,,WAS running 4th and right at the end of the race running about 85 mph ,the car hit a hole or a bump and unloaded the frt end and threw it almost head on into the concrete wall,,rung his bell for a few minutes,,,so our night was over,,so we have some work to do to get the little ford ready for ol pop to drive it in 2wks....there were 47 cars in the class,,,we knew we were out gunned when we got there,so we wanted to just outrun the locals that we race with weekly,,,,and we did just that......so all in all we had a good night,,,,CORY is alittle sore today...but he ain't hurt.....pop
pop/glenda

StPro

Post by StPro »

Went to watch the kid race at Cash at the Creek 4 Saturday night. 1/8 mile heads up Min. track prep , 3 classes big tire, small tire, and street. My kid runs small tire. Second round they hurt the motor so the plugged the NOS on the bad cylinder and went two more on 7 cylinders finally loosing to the second place winner by .002 in the semi-finals By thursday they will ready for KOTS race on the 16th in Union Grove Wi.
Only use the brakes to stop and get gas.
Projects
65 Comet 421Stroker
93 Mark VIII Supercharged w/Fogger
70 Torino GT

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

StPro wrote:Went to watch the kid race at Cash at the Creek 4 Saturday night. 1/8 mile heads up Min. track prep , 3 classes big tire, small tire, and street. My kid runs small tire. Second round they hurt the motor so the plugged the NOS on the bad cylinder and went two more on 7 cylinders finally loosing to the second place winner by .002 in the semi-finals By thursday they will ready for KOTS race on the 16th in Union Grove Wi.
Great !! it's all about those kids...congrats ! POP
pop/glenda

StPro

Post by StPro »

popscomet wrote:
StPro wrote:Went to watch the kid race at Cash at the Creek 4 Saturday night. 1/8 mile heads up Min. track prep , 3 classes big tire, small tire, and street. My kid runs small tire. Second round they hurt the motor so the plugged the NOS on the bad cylinder and went two more on 7 cylinders finally loosing to the second place winner by .002 in the semi-finals By thursday they will ready for KOTS race on the 16th in Union Grove Wi.
Great !! it's all about those kids...congrats ! POP
I need to go to keep me motivated on My 65. All the wile I am at the track I am thinking I should be home working on mine. When I get home reality sets in, finish the remodel on the kitchen, replace the garage door and four pieces of siding on the house.
Only use the brakes to stop and get gas.
Projects
65 Comet 421Stroker
93 Mark VIII Supercharged w/Fogger
70 Torino GT

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

OL POP feels the same way while sittin in a barber shop waiting to get a haircut,,,as I sit there I'm thinking what I could be doing at home ,,,,,,then when I get home ....I PUT IT OFF,til another day :shock: :wink:
pop/glenda

loman

Post by loman »

I got my newest National Dragster Magazine today, and to my surprise I seen my name in it. I made it to the finals a few weeks ago and red lit giving the win away. Well turns out the winners picture is in National Dragster. I was that close to having a picture of my car in there. That makes me more mad at myself for red lighting. A friend of mine sent me a link to an article from the track's local newspaper from that weekend and they had me in a 66' Comet :roll:.

http://jg-tc.com/sports/motor-sports/is ... 5ec6e.html

At least that is better than earlier this year when I lost in a final. The couple postings from that race had me driving a 69' Nova :x . That was the car I raced against.

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Tough luck. :evil: At least they got the Comet part right. :roll:
Jim

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

COOL !!!! if you never red light,,,,that just proves you ain't tryin hard e'nuff.....pop
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

ALL LOCKED AND LOADED !! tonight and 3 more,,,hope it rains 1 or 2 out...then season's over !!! just looking for a safe night .....we changed rear gear ...oughta be a little more spunky when I hit the gas tonight.....back later with the ...good ,gad and the ugly.....pop
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

good luck!!
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

WELL it was more spunky with the gear,for sure,,,ran pretty strong til it got up in the 6's rpm,,then it had a flutter,,we had rejeted it so I thought we might have to much,,cause I could get it to clear up just a tad,,,,brought it back to the pits and when I was called out to run the feature race,,it busted right off,,I cleared it out and it died ,,started right back up and died again ,this time it was dead in the water,,no gas.....THE COTTON PICKIN FUEL PUMP DIED,,,SO MY NIGHT WAS OVER,,,but my son WON the A FEATURE....as he is the points leader and it sure looks like he is going to win the championship 2yrs in a row ...I was thankful my fuel pump died instead of his....so as far as OL POP is concerned we had a great night.....so pop didn't get to go to the pay window,but Dwayne said he won enuff ,he buy me a 6pak of bush lite....it don't get much better then that.....POP
pop/glenda