Track Report

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
pugs65

Re: Track Report

Post by pugs65 »

Beer isn't my problem. It's that darn fruit juice. Tastes so good, it's hard to put it back in the fridge. Lot of wasted nights caused by that stuff. But man it is good, Pugs.
302 roller
4 speed
Real cars are built to be driven and driven hard!!!

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

OL POP and GLENDA just got home from the dirt track award banquet,,,got my rewards for finishing in the top 10 ...had a good time......my son (frdpwr) won the champion ship..2nd year in a row,,,ol pop came in 7th place,,,,not to shabby for a season of work and loads of fun....thanks pop
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Congrats to you both! :D
Johno

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Congratulations to you both! :D
Jim

loman

Post by loman »

Postponed again. The last 3 weekends of racing have been postponed. A couple of test n tunes and a 2 day race weekend this weekend. This weather needs to change. Long range forecast for next weekend it finally warms up, but rain is in forecast. But we all know how well the weathermen do. I was wanting to have a play day before any racing since I went through the entire motor this winter. Doesn't look like that will be an option.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

this weather is so wishy washy ....a few years ago,it rained out the 1st 6 races in a row for us....so just hang in there..it'll get better :shock: :roll: :!: :lol: :lol: :lol: pop
pop/glenda

loman

Post by loman »

I finally got to play yesterday for the first time this year. The newly freshened up motor did pretty good. Everything is in 1 piece and the car was able to drive itself onto the trailer at the end of the day. That's a win win. Each pass the car got quicker until the last one. The picture of the time slip is the fastest from last night. The next round I dialed 6.48 but the car only managed a 6.50 and if you add my bad reaction time to that you reach the end of the line and a trip to the trailer.
Attachments
time slip.jpg
time slip.jpg (5.87 KiB) Viewed 3501 times

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

Nice man!!! Yesterday was unexpectedly nice. Glad you got a chance to flog it!!
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

WE are trying to get this RUSTY RELIC ready to take a shot at going straight,,as we are burnt out on dirt cars.but we still have them just in case that certain itch kicks in and we can't scratch it :shock: :roll: :lol: 8) :wink: POP(( we just love the smell of raceing fuel)) :? :? :wink:
pop/glenda

loman

Post by loman »

Off to the track in bit. Put the 1050 back on the the other night.

loman

Post by loman »

In the immortal words of Pop. Here's the good bad and ugly of this afternoon. The good, car drove up on trailer at the end of the day and really came alive with the dominator. The bad, lost 1st rd, bought back and lost again. The ugly, was the reaction times. I don't think my head was screwed on right today.

I had the 2 step down at 3200 rpm today. If I would have left it at 4000 or so, I might have managed a 6.39 or 6.38. The air was very good today. Still, a bad day at the track is better than a good day at work.
Attachments
time slip.jpg
time slip.jpg (70.2 KiB) Viewed 3462 times

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

Still, a bad day at the track is better than a good day at work.

Got that right!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

caseville cyclone

Post by caseville cyclone »

Sorry to hear about your bad day at the track Loman. Thats why test and tunes are so important. I keep telling my son you can't test and tune on race day. Its hard getting good reaction times after being idle for a few months. But the darn weather always has a say on the test and tunes. Keep up the good work, it sounds like the rebuilt motor is working fine. It will all come together after a couple of times at the track. Andy

loman

Post by loman »

Got the black car washed and loaded for the weekend. Headed to the Nostalgia Rendezvous at Gateway and I get to race 1/4 mile for a change. I'm planning on finding the head tech guy for the Nostalgia Super Stock group that is running there this weekend and tell him my plans for my other car and make sure everything is good to go before i start on the crites shocktower kit. Should be a good weekend, hot and no rain. I'll even get to see Eddie Munster and the Munsters Dragula car. The NDRL will also be there and they put on a good show. Some very fast cars, i'll probably be one of the slower cars there.

http://www.gatewaymsp.com/may-12-st-lou ... endezvous/

loman

Post by loman »

Got 2 runs in tonight. The air was not like 2 weeks ago. It was 90 degrees today, and my 60' fell to 1.47 & 1.46. The first pass at the heat of the day was 10.21. The 2nd pass was at sunset and the temp dropped a bit and a ran a 10.12.

There were 2 other comets there. Ones a 62 that runs in low 9's or high 8's. I know him, I measured his 4 link setup when I was building mine. The other was a 66 hardtop gasser. I didn't get a chance to check it out, I only seen it at a distance.