Track Report

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
Loner

Re: Track Report

Post by Loner »

That's cool Pop!! Now you know where the wall is for next time and you got to put on a show.

Matt

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

popscomet wrote:WELL.OL POP,drove tonight,,per request,I started last in all the races tonight,,swiped the wall coming out of turn 4,,drifted high in a 4whl drift,and kinda kissed the wall,,car seems to be ok,but it felt like I had a flat so I took it to the pits,,come to find out,tires was ok.been at least 8 yrs since I even sat in a race car,,felt good !>>..my son won the feature race !! but I wound up in 11th place,out of 13 starters..son told me next time I THINK I have a flat,but not for sure,,,stay on the track til the flagman tells me so...I was more concerned about the car then anything,,BOY..those concrete walls are hard..glad I did a glance smack....GLENDA SAID THERE WAS A SPARK SHOW ,,cause I tried to keep it on the wall for alittle bit as not to come down the track in front of someone and get T-BONED....WIL RACE again the following sat from coming home from PF...POP didn't cut a big hogg in the butt tonight,but I got a small slice of it...BUT I had a great time...have a good un..................pop
Glad everything is alright, & glad you had fun! :D if you plan to go back that means you had fun! & whats a few sparks for a guy who has stirred up sparks his whole life!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii_eZ8RW1_o
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

headed out for another fun night of dirt tracking,,,back later with the good bad and ugly :!: :shock:
pop/glenda

Loner

Post by Loner »

Good luck Pop!!! Watch that wall!!!

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

Give em hell Pop. Good luck.
302 roller
4 speed
Real cars are built to be driven and driven hard!!!

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

just got home,,almost 2am....OL POP is gaining on em !!...7 cars in my heat race,I started dead last ran 5 laps and came in 4th......15 cars started the feature race for 15 laps,,came in 10th...after starting dead last...will have the next 2 sat off,,,, :shock: I'll keep chipin away at it...DWAYNE won the feature race for the 3rd time in a row.........had a great time :wink:
pop/glenda

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

Glad everyone made it home safe. Way Togo Pop. Congrats to you and Dewayne.
302 roller
4 speed
Real cars are built to be driven and driven hard!!!

loman

Post by loman »

Good job Pop! I'm glad it wasn't a one time thing for you getting back in the car. Keep it up. Reading about this is giving me a shot in the arm to get my other car back up to speed and put my dad behind the wheel again.

Loner

Post by Loner »

popscomet wrote:just got home,,almost 2am....OL POP is gaining on em !!...7 cars in my heat race,I started dead last ran 5 laps and came in 4th......15 cars started the feature race for 15 laps,,came in 10th...after starting dead last...will have the next 2 sat off,,,, :shock: I'll keep chipin away at it...DWAYNE won the feature race for the 3rd time in a row.........had a great time :wink:
Pops do you mind telling us about your car and what class your running in?

Matt

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Congrats Pop! :D :D :D
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

1ST of all,thanks for the kind words,at 69 yrso,and thanks to my son and his momma ,I am having a blast,am under no pressure to win,I get to drive as fast as I think I can and I get to slide the car thru the turns,and make all the loud noise I want to...and so far have been blessed with going to the pay window after the races.................................MATT,am in the MINI-STOCK CLASS,I drive a fox bodied stang with an alumn hand built body,powered by a very non stock 2.3 4cyl motor that will twist over 8grand at any given time as it has many many times,,,it has a racing clutch and flywheel that weighs 9.5 lbs together,with a stock 5spd trans and 7.5 WELDED UP REAR END and 3.73 rear gear,you run the entire race in 2nd gear,take off in 1st shift to 2nd and hang on....I laugh to myself when I hear of people talking about the weak little 7.5 rear end,,if they only knew just how tough they really are.the car has to weigh a min of 2500 lbs with the driver,,,hope this answer your questions and if you have anymore,,shoot em at me....and thanks.........................pop
pop/glenda

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Way to go, Pop!
Jim

Loner

Post by Loner »

I think it is cool your out there rubing with the young guys.
Pops I'm familiar with the mini stock cars. The Merced speedway is only a half hour from me and they run there.I'm sure a lot more rules than you have to deal with. Kind of takes some of the fun out of it :x Nothing new in California :|
Check it out,see what you think.
http://racemerced.com/2016/02/2016-mini-stock-rules/

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

MATT,the rules are tougher at our home track then they are any other place in this state,,we have to run a hyd cam no solids,,no weight jacks,most all other tracks here are so open you run what ya brung,so we have motors we put in for those tracks,when we go to them,,
pop/glenda

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

Pop sounds like you are having the time of your life ,keep the wheels turning .was told by a very smart man one time (when you get rolling put both feet flat in the floor and let her eat) CONGRATS C U LATER ROLL COMETS J L