Show Schedule

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
mopar 346

Re: Show Schedule

Post by mopar 346 »

Pop maybe you can plan it arround the Mopar Show next year and we can meet you there.

Ripper not sure about the No Billet Show, but this couldn't have been it cause there was plenty of billet there.

This Friday/Saturday I am going to Moultrie, Ga (about 90 miles) for their big fall swap meet, all brands. It is held at the old Spence Airfield and takes up most of the field. They have a spring and a fall swap as well as other events throughout the year. It's usually pretty good for a few parts. There use to be a guy there from Louisiana regularly that was big time into Comet parts but I haven't seen him for years, anybody know who I am talking about?

I have been really good progress on my AAR so I am stil counting on making the Comet Gathering in June with it. I have finished correcting some details on the paint work (underbody and black out), dressed the inside firewall and cowl (insulation, heater box, pedals, etc..), built my dash and installed it (blasted, painted, gauges, glove box liner, wiring harness, vents, etc...), dressed the firewall in the engine compartment (booster, master, proportioning valve, brake lines, wiper motor, etc..), installed the wiring harnesses and put the vinyl roof on. It's really starting to look like a car again. I need to have the driveline in by the 1st of the year to feel like I am on track.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like I am gonna make the Turkey Rod Run this year, kind of a bummer we have been most years lately. Usually my drops me off and I walk parts all day Friday while she goes to the mall and then Saturday we walk the show cars. It's a great mix and a great setting. It's not completely out of the questiuon but doubtful at this point.

Not sure of any shows after that until February, anybody got anything in Dec/Jan?
Careful your character's showing!

joem

Post by joem »

Summit Racing has a show for Toys for Tots on Dec 7 at the Mcdonough, GA location

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

Hello all, been hard and heavy on the AAR so I've been lying low, but it is getting closer everyday. This week end is the "Spring" Moultrie Show so I'm back to it. My goal is to drive the AAR to the Comet Gathering this year, short term goal is driving by March the end of March. Wish me luck.

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

My wife is after me to confirm the date of the Gathering this year, I am counting on it being the first week end of June. Is that still correct?

Mark you need to fly down and ride back to Pa with me in the AAR. I'll pick you up at the airport and we can pal around all weekend OR you could drive Pokey down and we can caravan back????

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Yep , here ya go man! hope to see you there! :D
http://www.cometcentral.com/forum/viewt ... =19&t=5266
Johno

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

Thank you, that's the plan. It will start a 3 month 3400 mile show circuit for me.

383MERC

Post by 383MERC »

Still figuring out my trip schedule for the summer. I am making the trip to Dearborn for the National Fairlane show and Thunderbolt reunion. This will be my longest trip so far, even though I'm towing. Plus we're going to Ocean City MD for the big cruise May 15-18. Still not sure about the gathering. Having trouble missing the Carlisle Ford Nationals. I have been to every one and I usually meet up with a number of people from around the country. I REALLY wish the gathering was on a different weekend.
1963 Comet S-22 Drag Car
1964 Fairlane 2 door sedan T-Bolt Clone
2007 Shelby GT
1989 LX 5.0 Convertible

caseville cyclone

Post by caseville cyclone »

Practice posting a picture.

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

Well it worked, your missing a few things but it looks good.

Looks like I am gonna go to Olde Town in Kissimee April 5th, it is Mopar night, not sure if I am gonna take anything yet, or which one. I don't think I'll have the AAR ready and my wife want ride in the R/T so I may take Aunt Lou, my wife likes her. I invite anyone in the neighborhood to join me even if it is just to walk through the cars. It is always a good show, or at least I have never been to bad one.

I went to the Moultrie Spring swap meet Feb 1st & 2nd, took Aunt Lou on Friday and the R/T on Saturday, 80 miles or so one way, both performed flawlessly.

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

Took the boy's CJ to the Sonic Cruise this afternoon, 84 CJ7 sitting on 41s, 360, NP435, Dana 300, Toyota axles, full cage, lined inside and on the bottom with Raptor. It drew a lot of attention amongst all the hotrods. :mrgreen:

CometJunkie64

Post by CometJunkie64 »

Southeast Michigan
Monday nights- big boys in flat rock
Thursday nights- Blue Sky in new boston
Friday nights- Sears in Allen Park, 50's McDonalds in dearborn
Back to the bricks Flint Mi in August
Goodguys PPG nats in July In Columbus Oh
NSRA Louisville Ky in August

Hope to see some of you guys around!
Clifton

joem

Post by joem »

Carlisle anyone?

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

Yes, but Chryslers at Carlisle in JUly. :mrgreen:

I actually popped in to get the Motel and address for the Comet Gathering in June, I am on track to bring my AAR for the forst leg of a 3500 miles 3 month show tour.

wgreggking

Post by wgreggking »

For those of us in the Southwest , try this site . click on your state, then select a category , shows, cruises etc.http://www.desertcruisers.com/index.php
Image 64 caliente 302 auto

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

Taking the AAR to the Southern Mopar Nationals in Valdosta, GA Saturday, I still don't have the interior completed but it's white so it will absolutely be the last thing I do to the car. I would love to meet any Comet owners in the area so come by and don't be shy!