65 cyclone plastic model now available

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
Lou's Comet

Re: 65 cyclone plastic model now available

Post by Lou's Comet »

Wow, grown men excited a over plastic model, well it is a "65" Comet! ........ Lol luv this forum !!

Well on way home I stopped at the local hobby store and bought one :roll: haven't done a model since I was a kid, lol

Going to do it up like mine, primer it, put two big tires on the back and stick it in the corner of my garage! ROFL....

Probably sit in box for awhile. Then will do it like I want mine , if they come out with a AFX 65 I will get that to get the hood.

But anyways pretty nice model from what I see, even comes with 2 sets of wheels. The cyclone chrome reverse and......wait for it....... Yes-sir-e-Bob .comes with a set of Cragars, woo-hoo! Going to need bigger wheels and tires for the rear but will find a donor model.

Hopefully get back to my "real" Comet after the new year, everything is in last coat of primer, ready to take it apart again and start painting engine compartment, firewall, inside trunk, dash, and doors.

Lou

comethead

Post by comethead »

popscomet wrote:
comethead wrote:I have a Hipo 289 and 4 speed out of a mustang model :twisted:
but it's made from PLASTIC...BUT IT HAS THE CORRECT CARB AND DIST AND SHIFTER KNOB........RATHER I put it in a 65 comet or a 65 mustang....who will know the difference??? I am so pumped on the idea of getting to build a plastic car....reminds me when I was in the 5th grade........I'm so pumped I can't hardly catch my breath,tomorrow I'll cut off a pair of jeans like MOMMA did for me to wear like she did when I was just a LITTLE BOY !!!!..HOW LUCKY CAN I GET ?????? (HOPE THE GLUE DON'T MAKE ME DIZZY HEADED LIKE IT USED TO)THIS TIME I WON'T SQUIRT NONE IN A PAPER SACK,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i LEARNT my lesson on that,,,,,it destory's brain cells))))))))))) :roll: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: stuck fingered JOE
Geez pop were just having a little fun here. No need to piss all over it.
I built car and airplane models when I was a kid. Maybe someday when I have time I'll build another one. Where's the harm?

Maybe old pop needs a diaper change to make him feel better :lol:
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

comethead

Post by comethead »

Lou's Comet wrote:Wow, grown men excited a over plastic model, well it is a "65" Comet! ........ Lol luv this forum !!

Well on way home I stopped at the local hobby store and bought one :roll: haven't done a model since I was a kid, lol

Going to do it up like mine, primer it, put two big tires on the back and stick it in the corner of my garage! ROFL....

Probably sit in box for awhile. Then will do it like I want mine , if they come out with a AFX 65 I will get that to get the hood.

But anyways pretty nice model from what I see, even comes with 2 sets of wheels. The cyclone chrome reverse and......wait for it....... Yes-sir-e-Bob .comes with a set of Cragars, woo-hoo! Going to need bigger wheels and tires for the rear but will find a donor model.

Hopefully get back to my "real" Comet after the new year, everything is in last coat of primer, ready to take it apart again and start painting engine compartment, firewall, inside trunk, dash, and doors.

Lou
Right on Lou! Good to hear you found one locally. I asked the kid at my local hobby shop...he never heard of a Mercury Comet! :roll:

Joe

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

WHOA JOE !! POP was just pickin at y'all...that's all I was doing ,just pickin ...sorry you took it the wrong way..maybe your pantis are wet......you took all this 100% the wrong way.....I could care less if you build a plastic car or whatever,,,,,it was getting old jokein about CRAGER whls so I fired up on plastic models to give ALBERT arrest.....thank you POP
pop/glenda

albert

Post by albert »

Mine is arriving in a couple days, I hope, glad to hear it has Cragars! Will build it just like mine. POP, hang in there they will likely come out with a 64 soon and then we can rag on you a little! :D :D :D
Albert's 65 289, polar white, black buckets, 5 speed, Autolite 4100, ps, pb, factory tach, crites hood, headers, dual exhaust

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

WON'T BE ANY raggin on OL POP for building a model car,,,I look at them a lot in the store,if I ever find a 64 comet I'll get it !! a few years ago our son in law built GLENDA a 56 ford just like the one she owns....I was just tryin to cut you some slack over your whls and change the subject,,,,but that back fired on me !!......man o man some 65 owners are so touchy...............thanks ALBERT .at least the cragars on the model won't RUST !!.......
pop/glenda

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

Found a couple 64's on epay. says used and may be missing parts. Not cheap either.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/B10-JUNKYARD-BU ... Swa~BYOhw2
Ron

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Comechero65 wrote:Found a couple 64's on epay. says used and may be missing parts. Not cheap either.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/B10-JUNKYARD-BU ... Swa~BYOhw2
Ron
That looks more like the promotional toy car that you could get at the dealers in 64 for your kid to play with, which I would think be worth more money than a model.
Johno

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Comechero65 wrote: used and may be missing parts. Not cheap either.

Ron
Sounds like the condition that most of us found our cars when we bought them. :roll: Just left out the part about rust. :lol: :lol:
Jim

comethead

Post by comethead »

I got my Cyclone model today.
Looks pretty damn good! :wink:

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

Got my comet model. It's nice. Going to build a minature Comechero out of it. Will try to get it as close to the full size as i can. Lots of small detail work. Will probably go blind with all the small details. Especially those decals!! Only detail I won't be able to duplicate is the 65 comet wagon taillights as there is no such thing as a 65 comet wagon 1:25 scale or any other size that i can find. Will have to use the round falcon taillights as the only choice.
Found a 64 comet wagon so the taillights are kind of similar but not exact. But the cost for the model is horendos. May have to pass on it.

I wonder if anyone here builds models and would have a resource of spare parts paricularly 65 comet parts?
Ron

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Here ya go Ron, this will make it look more like yours than tail lights;
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Trumpeter-02512 ... 2383537544

I think you could whittle some tail lights out of metal,alum or something else & paint them.
Johno

caseville cyclone

Post by caseville cyclone »

My son sent me a text saying,guess what I found? I text back,that I give. He told me he found the 65 model on ebay. I told him that the guys on the comet forum had just posted the 1965 comet was available. He then sends me a text including a picture of him holding the model next his face with a **** eating grin. He ordered it last year for Father's day but they said they were having production problems and low and behold it shows up at his door last week. Can't wait until this father's day. Maybe earlier. Although I'm in Florida for 4 months. Andy

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Andy you could have left off that last sentence :roll: I'm jealous!!
Johno

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

poboyjo65 wrote:Here ya go Ron, this will make it look more like yours than tail lights;
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Trumpeter-02512 ... 2383537544

I think you could whittle some tail lights out of metal,alum or something else & paint them.
With a small piece of red plastic I could make a couple and paint them to look right.

That's the ranchero model I have which has the round falcon tailights. I need the 65 comet wagon tailights to match what I have on Comechero. Even 64 might work as they are the same shape just a little different arrangement. But when they are that small may be ok. Might be able to paint them out to look close. I have found a 64 but at $45 not sure it's worth it.
What the 65 wagon tailights look like, 64 same shape different lens:
Ron