My First Love

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
Jims65cyclone

My First Love

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Did some digging and found a picture of my first 65 Cyclone. The picture was taken in February 1973, just before I sold it. What a dope! She was a 289 with two 4V's and a T-10 trans. I want to redo my new one to replicate her as best I can remember, though I'll probably skip the 3" rocker panel exhausts. Required too much work to keep the rear mags clean. Ah, the memories.....
Jim

poboyjo65

Re: My First Love

Post by poboyjo65 »

Boy she knew how to just stand there & look good back in 73! :D
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

The title threw me a curve for just a second,,,,,POP married his 1st love,next month will be 48 yrs ago...but your old comet looks good..don't blame you a bit for wanting to make a look alike out of the one you now have,,I drove my 289 2x4's with a 4spd today.....we;ve all had 1 or 2 we wish we had back,,for me it would be my 67 4spd fairlane for starters,but I too had a 65cyclone 4spd ,pulled the motor ,put it in a mustang and sold the trans,,,crushed the body.....today I would crush the mustang and keep the comet,all it needed was a clutch and some soap and water,the damn S'tang needed everything but the name ..as you said before..it's hell being young and dumb sometimes...good luck ,keep your thoughts and your gonna have that 65 look alike....POP 8) (and it will be 73 all over again :lol: :lol: 8) )
pop/glenda

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Jim, I understand when you say what a dope! As I too made many foolish mistakes in my younger years
but selling my Comet wasn't one of them.
great to see pics of your first one and to hear the plans to duplicate it.
Fred

I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Shackled up and looking good, Fred.
Jim

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Dug a little deeper and found some more pics. Me and my ride in 1971 at age 18.........
Jim

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

THERE's just something about 2 4's on a small block ford....my 500 edelbrocks don't look as sexy as yours....pop
pop/glenda