Another Dash Light Question

The Big Comets
Maine Pilot

Another Dash Light Question

Post by Maine Pilot »

One of the lights in my heater controls seems inoperative, ('66 Caliente). For the life of me I can't seem to find a way of accessing the bulb. It looks like I might have to disassemble the lower dashboard, but I can't seem to find bolts/screws that hold it in place.

Any ideas/diagrams?
My wife says I only have 2 faults. I don't listen...and something else

Maine Pilot

Re: Another Dash Light Question

Post by Maine Pilot »

I posted this same question on the Fairlane Forum and got a satisfactory answer on how to remove the heater display controls.

My next question is: just below the heater control on the lower dashboard is an empty light bulb receptacle. The owner's manual points out where the courtesy lights are located, but nothing on this receptacle.

Does anyone know what this light is for, and if so, what kind/size bulb fits into it? The receptacle is much larger than the dashboard lights.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Sounds to me it's a dome lite for the floor,my comet has 2 of them,they don't have a len's over the bulb,,,or I have mis-understood your ?pop
pop/glenda

Maine Pilot

Post by Maine Pilot »

I already have two working courtesy lights (left & right) for the footwells, and they are shown in the Owner's Manual, but this receptacle is only on the left side. The list of replacement light bulbs in the Owner's Manual doesn't list it either.

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Is it just hanging by it's wires? or mounted? I found one hanging under dash of my 65 & it snapped on top of the ashtray's slider/top & shined thru a hole ,wasn't bright but you could see inside the ash tray good.
Johno

Maine Pilot

Post by Maine Pilot »

It's mounted solid in the lower dashboard panel, just under the heater controls.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Stick the right size bulb in and see what happens,,,,,,pop
pop/glenda