Who can tell me the differences on a 1966 comet capri?

The Big Comets
darcy32171

Who can tell me the differences on a 1966 comet capri?

Post by darcy32171 »

I`m looking at buying a 1966 Comet Capri and I`d like to know: What were the differences between a Comet, Comet Capri and the caliente. Its in nice shape other than the fact that somebody made homestyle type flares to the rear quarters which will be coming out and I`ll have to find new rear quarters. Is there a company that sells new panels for these cars?[/img]

rditz

Comet Capri

Post by rditz »

The Capri is a trim level. it is just below Caliente, only available in 2dr hard top.

I have a Capri that was a 289, 2v, auto car.

whatelse do you want to know.

rod
66 Comet Capri 2dr hdtp - Cyclone Hood, 302, T5, Flat Black, TuTone Red Interior

darcy32171

Post by darcy32171 »

Will a person have to fabricate his own wheel wells or are there 1/4`s made for these cars? Everything I`ve read, makes me believe that there isn`t a whole lot of repo parts for these cars. If I have to make my own, are these wheel well openings the same on a falcon or something else, that a guy could cut and fit?

rditz

Post by rditz »

I don't know how easy it would be to find a set of 1/4's.. best to ask on this forum or on the Comet East forum.. there are a bunch of guys there that might be able to help you out...

good luck

rod
66 Comet Capri 2dr hdtp - Cyclone Hood, 302, T5, Flat Black, TuTone Red Interior

rditz

Post by rditz »

try autokrafters. they do advertise some panels, but you will want to call and talk to them to confirm...

rod

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

66 Comet Capri

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

Darcy;where are you located?About a month ago I got a set of doors off of a 66 Capri here in So.Calif.You could call and see if they still have the quarters,they ship world-wide. The yard is called Memory Lane,phone800-AT-1-Yard ,or , www.oldautoparts.com . ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals