Armrest Courtesey Lights

The Big Comets
Maine Pilot

Armrest Courtesey Lights

Post by Maine Pilot »

A '66 Comet sales brochure states that armrest courtesy lights are standard equipment in the Caliente series. Wonder why mine doesn't have them, unless both inside door panels have been replaced--but that doesn't seem to be the case with my car.
My wife says I only have 2 faults. I don't listen...and something else

fryedaddy

Re: Armrest Courtesey Lights

Post by fryedaddy »

out of my 3 calientes,only my big block car has the door arm rest lights.they are not on every car from what i have seen
fryedaddy
Image1966 caliente,428 4 speed,4.11 gears,nitrous,parachute

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

Whether they were standard you can always add them. That's what i did when I built Comechero. The light assemblies are the same part as used in early mustangs with the pony interior. Installing in the door panel is the easy part. Getting the wires and grommets to connect the door to the main body are the most difficult and expensive if you have to purchase the parts. Mine was more elaborate since I added electric door locks at the same time.
Ron

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Those lights are sharp in the door panels as well as the 2 under the dash,but I thought it was strange that the under dash lights never had a lens cover,just the naked bulb showing.......pop
pop/glenda

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

The two under the dash are kind of naked without any cover but since they are not easily seen they work fine and give out barely enough light. The early mustangs all had the same thing. The lights in the doors really help light up the inside. My mustang was never as well lit.
Ron

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

YEA,II have one stang built on the 17th day of production,,it's as about early as you can get ,and I have a 67 GT big block fst back,that me and GLENDA bought new and both of them have under dash lights as well as my 64 comet and it also has door panel lights,so with those 4 and the dome light,when you open both doors ,you can see pretty good.........pop
pop/glenda

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

Picture of the S code Pop? I don't think I've seen it.

Stacey
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

STACEY,IT's at my daughter's house,I gave it to her and son in law to redo a couple of rears ago,,,as soon as son in law gets thru with the 67fas bk that I gave my dughter when she was 14 yrso,,he says he starting on it........he's already taken the front cap off of it and just piddles with it while taking a break from the other one.......it was a special order car,,,it came in and the 1st guy backed out and with the help of GLENDA's DAD,we got it,,,was a awsom runner,,,,,pop
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

popscomet wrote:Those lights are sharp in the door panels as well as the 2 under the dash,but I thought it was strange that the under dash lights never had a lens cover,just the naked bulb showing.......pop
MY question never got answered,,why would FORD not put a cover over the bulb ?? RON said they are kinda naked,,all mine were completly naked with the glass stuck out of the socket and they had or have the correct bulb in them,,,and none of mine were partialy hidden...just one of those oddities I guess.....who am I to question FORD ??? :? :? pop :lol: :lol:
pop/glenda

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

Most of the ones i've seen are mostly unseen normally. I guess mustangs were the first to get these simple bulb and brackets. So ford saved money by leaving the bulbs bare. If you ever bumped one with your knee you won't touch it for long as they can get pretty hot. but adds a little heat in winter though.
Mine only had a dome light so I did add a couple of those bulbs and brackets under the dash. They are simple and easy to install about anywhere. The more light the better.
Ron

Maine Pilot

Post by Maine Pilot »

Still wondering why the sales brochure would list the armrest lights as standard equipment, but mine didn't?

Also, I have an empty light socket located on the bottom of the metal dash, just below the heater controls, but the owners' manual doesn't show anything for it. Does anyone know what size bulb it takes? There are several under dash, but not on the dash foot well lights, but they have a much smaller socket and are shown in the owners' manual.
My wife says I only have 2 faults. I don't listen...and something else

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

RON,thats a great question on who got those under dash lights 1st,,,,,,,my mustang has them and it was built in march 26,1964,,,it's a early car..but on the other hand my 1964 comet was built sept 20.1963,,,,and it has a pair under thr dash.......who's first?? pop
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Comechero65 wrote:... they can get pretty hot. but adds a little heat in winter though.
Ron
That's a good one! :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

poboyjo65 wrote:
Comechero65 wrote:... they can get pretty hot. but adds a little heat in winter though.
Ron
HEE HEE,if your heater goes out ,just wire up a bunch of lights under the dash,,,thats a good one !! :lol: :lol: :lol: :D POP
pop/glenda

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

popscomet wrote:
poboyjo65 wrote:
Ron
HEE HEE,if your heater goes out ,just wire up a bunch of lights under the dash,,,thats a good one !! :lol: :lol: :lol: :D POP
That's right Pops. Just as long as you have a good alt and battery! :lol: :lol: