67 comet stock hood

The Big Comets
popscomet

67 comet stock hood

Post by popscomet »

Have a line on a 67 comet 289 2dr 3spd on the column,,,motor is out but goes with the car,got to check out floors under carpet,but is straight all good glass but the dr's door glass.....but he sold the hood,how hard will that be to come up with?? thanks POPSCOMET
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Re: 67 comet stock hood

Post by poboyjo65 »

Pop at one time there was a guy on here that had about 20 hoods for those comets, some were metal ,some fiberglass. I see the fiberglass ones that were like the 65 proto-type scooped hoods every now & then on ebay.
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Thanks,,don't if I'll get it nor if I even want it......YET !,,,,,I have my 67ranchero to go and get over at my old shop,but being a member here the comet kinda trips my trigger to a point....but am so far along on the little PU it needs to take front and center also......pop
pop/glenda

Jedeka

Post by Jedeka »

I have a very nice stock hood off my 67. I came across a fiberglass Cyclne hood I was going to use.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Jedeka wrote:I have a very nice stock hood off my 67. I came across a fiberglass Cyclne hood I was going to use.
Thanks,don't know if I'll even get it,,,it has sat for yrs with the drivers door glass busted out,so the floors may be in bad shape under the carpet,,,BUT I'll keep you in mind....thanks again...POP
pop/glenda

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

POP,crites has repo fiberglass hoods with scoops
fryedaddy
Image1966 caliente,428 4 speed,4.11 gears,nitrous,parachute

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

fryedaddy wrote:POP,crites has repo fiberglass hoods with scoops
YES,I know ,,that's where my hood on my 64 came from...and it is a nice one and has been for many years,,,thanks like I said ,I may not even mess with the comet,,,my ranchero is so close to being done,just gota go get and bring it over to the new place.......and finish it,,and I have other things hangin to work on....not to even mention the race cars ,,even though I don't do much on the race cars .the boys do most of that ...but they take up a lot of the space.....thanks again ..........POP
pop/glenda

B_Hix

Post by B_Hix »

Save that poor 'ol 67 Pop
67 Comet
No power steering, 4-wheel drum brakes, 5 gears 'n' 400 + horsepower...
...hell yea it's fun

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

B_Hix wrote:Save that poor 'ol 67 Pop
He backed out on selling it......he has 10acrs of old cars and trucks,,,have known this old man since 72,I was his apprentice on the railroad,,a heck of a ford guy and old dirt track racer,,,but he is a hoarder,,he has more stuff then you can shake a stick at,,cars all over the place,,,all makes and models,but he won't sell anything,I was hopeing beings he has known me for so long and after he agreed to let me walk thru his place he might soften up just a tad...but I was wrong !!....he said to me ,ROBERT if I sell it to you then I won't have it anymore,will I ? HIS almost last dirt car was used in the movie either,white lightin..or gator with BERT REYNOLDS,,,it was number 6 64falcon with a 289...he and nascar MARK MARTIN in his early days raced at the same track every sat night. KINDA got windy for just a minute but,,,,the 67 comet is in it's final resting place...but it sure is as straight and dent free as any you'd ever find......thanks B-HIX.....glad to hear from ya !!! POP
pop/glenda

B_Hix

Post by B_Hix »

I understand and respect their emotional attachment, but it drives me nuts when somone wants to bring a old car back to life and the owner won't budge and instead will let it rot to the ground >.<

Good to 'see you' Pop. I always find the time to read and keep up, just not a lot to post these days ;)
67 Comet
...hell yea it's fun

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Yea good to hear from you Brad .you should stop in more often!

how's the ole comet doing?
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

B_Hix wrote:I understand and respect their emotional attachment, but it drives me nuts when somone wants to bring a old car back to life and the owner won't budge and instead will let it rot to the ground >.<

Good to 'see you' Pop. I always find the time to read and keep up, just not a lot to post these days ;)
That's the problem...this old guy don't have a emotional bone in his body when it comes to this comet,he bought it from a newbie at the RR with the motor out and laying in the trunk along with the tranny...he has since lost the keys to it and said he has never even looked inside the trunk,,,,,,but you can tell there is some weight under that deck lid,he's had it over 20 plus years,,,,he has more money then he can ever spend,,,has no children,just his long time wife....he lives 15 min's from me and I go over there often just to shoot the wind....he is devout FORD !!!....he won't get rid of nothing,,he's a hoarder !! but his home and yard and their person is spotlessly clean,,,,,,,,,nothing like you see on TV on hoardering,those people are sick,,they need help,they need to lie down on a leather couch for hrs..........the rant is over !! POP
pop/glenda

B_Hix

Post by B_Hix »

maybe one day you will catch him at the right time. We all know someone that was after a car for years and couldn't get it then some random person shows up one day at the right time and walks away with it >.<

All the best
67 Comet
...hell yea it's fun