clutch pedal assembly

The Big Comets
fryedaddy

clutch pedal assembly

Post by fryedaddy »

i have my comet up on ramps right now getting ready to put a new set of pedals in the floor board.at the fairlane show i bought a rebuilt set of pedals,looks nos to me, pads,bushings and all are new.it should hit the gears alot better.new trans,flywheel,clutch,shifter,pedals.i got the old pedal assembly partially out today, my son is going to help me finish it tomorrow.
fryedaddy
Image1966 caliente,428 4 speed,4.11 gears,nitrous,parachute

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Re: clutch pedal assembly

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

When I did mine I welded in bearings. The original shaft had wear and bushing was destroyed. Bought the bearing kit from Mustang Steve

1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

my new one is welded in just like you did yours.i just finished taking the old pedals out and the bushings were falling apart.it is rebuild-able but all bushings are shot and brittle falling apart.i guess its going to take one more day to get it all back together.i may get a rebuild kit for my old pedals and sell them later to fund something i need for the car.
fryedaddy

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

fryedaddy wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2023 12:59 am
my new one is welded in just like you did yours.i just finished taking the old pedals out and the bushings were falling apart.it is rebuild-able but all bushings are shot and brittle falling apart.i guess its going to take one more day to get it all back together.i may get a rebuild kit for my old pedals and sell them later to fund something i need for the car.
I welded in bearings in place of the bushings.
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

i bought the whole brake, clutch pedal assembly,bracket,pedals and all.mine was so shot the bushings were loose and the hole was wollered out so bad the bushings were about to fall off.the notches where the clutch spring hooked in were egg shaped.im glad i bought the whole thing instead of rebuilding mine,it was that bad. i believe my new set is nos.there is not one scratch,wore spot,blemish or anything anywhere.no indication it has ever been on a car.definitely show quality.i got the new assembly on today but its going to take one more day to get all the bolts in and clutch and brake rods in and adjusted.
fryedaddy

Caveman49

Post by Caveman49 »

Definitely making progress. Sounds like you got a nice setup, let us know how it works when done.
Motor Safe,
Lee

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

i finished up with the pedal assembly.works great ,no binding,squeaks or noises when you mash it. i got it adjusted,new return spring.right now is the best condition my comet has ever been [mechanical wise] since i bought it in 83.im very happy with it.it didn't have a dust cover for the flywheel and clutch but i bought one at the fairlane show and put it on too.i still need to upgrade my brakes to disc,and i need a stouter set of axles and 3rd member.
fryedaddy

Caveman49

Post by Caveman49 »

Sounds like progress, yeeha! I got my disc setup from Dan at chockostang http://www.chockostangclassicmustang.com/
There’s a few places to get kits from, but Dan treated me right, and it seems to be a good setup, works good anyway.
Good luck with whatever you decide.
Motor Safe,
Lee

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

Caveman49 wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:25 pm
Sounds like progress, yeeha! I got my disc setup from Dan at chockostang http://www.chockostangclassicmustang.com/
There’s a few places to get kits from, but Dan treated me right, and it seems to be a good setup, works good anyway.
Good luck with whatever you decide.
I have bought a lot of parts from them for my 67 GT500. Usually talk to his wife, sometimes Dan.
Larry

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

thanks for the info,i may call them up when i get ready to start on my brakes.i took my comet for a ride yesterday,its been a long time.i got so excited,my heart was pounding.i had to come home and relax to get calmed down.it ran and drove great.i hope my luck holds up and i get to have some fun with it.
fryedaddy

hotsauc333

Post by hotsauc333 »

Would you sell the old clutch pedal setup?
1967 comet 302 T5
1966 mustang 302 C4

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

i would sell my old assembly,i have new bushings to go in it too. but i live a pretty long ways away from you here in TN
fryedaddy

hotsauc333

Post by hotsauc333 »

fryedaddy wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:49 am
i would sell my old assembly,i have new bushings to go in it too. but i live a pretty long ways away from you here in TN
I don't mind paying shipping, I'll send a pm to discuss the details
1967 comet 302 T5
1966 mustang 302 C4

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

clutch is working better than it ever has since i had it.2-3 shift is the smoothest,its usually the hardest one to hit.
fryedaddy

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

fryedaddy wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:18 am
clutch is working better than it ever has since i have had the car.2-3 shift is the smoothest,its usually the hardest one to hit.
fryedaddy