dash pad interchange?

The Big Comets
rjs67

dash pad interchange?

Post by rjs67 »

I have been looking to see if the 67 fairlanes dash pad interchanges with a 67 comet. Ive been looking for a comet dash.pad for 6 months in any condition! I havent found one yet..also need door panels. I was thinking on the complete interior kit for a fairlane from dearborn.

Tambo

Re: dash pad interchange?

Post by Tambo »

rjs67 wrote:I have been looking to see if the 67 fairlanes dash pad interchanges with a 67 comet. Ive been looking for a comet dash.pad for 6 months in any condition! I havent found one yet..also need door panels. I was thinking on the complete interior kit for a fairlane from dearborn.

Apparently dash pads are hard to find. I recently bought a 66 Cyclone GT vert and the AZ sun has damaged it. The previous owner totally restored the car over a four year period but told me the only thing he could not find a replacement dash pad. If you find a source, please let me know.
Pics of my car are here ... http://www.cometcentral.com/forum/viewt ... =24&t=4315
66 Cyclone GT: 390, 4 sp Top Loader, 3.25 9inch

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

Just Dashes restored mine. I'm thinking of trying Dashboard restorations for the Caliente. You just have to bite the bullet and pay the price to have a nice dashpad.

LR
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

hotsauc333

Post by hotsauc333 »

the comet and fairlane door panels are the same but the caliente and the cyclone are different, just dashes is the only place i have found that has the dash pads just not sure on the price
1967 comet 302 T5
1966 mustang 302 C4

lip's67

Post by lip's67 »

If you go to http://macsautoparts.com/ford-falcon-me ... AL/cc/156/ you can get alot of the things your looking for
If yer gonna go out, go out smiling!

B_Hix

Post by B_Hix »

I got lucky and pulled a uncracked 67 pad off ebay. It wasn't cheap but I gave half what some pay to redo them. Just got
Lucky after a year of looking.
Best of luck - hope you find one!
67 Comet
No power steering, 4-wheel drum brakes, 5 gears 'n' 400 + horsepower...
...hell yea it's fun