Does anyone know.....

The Big Comets
B_Hix

Does anyone know.....

Post by B_Hix »

I have found bucket seat adapter part numbers for the following -

Fairlaine 66+
Cougar 66-70

I have a 67 - would the floor of my Comet match up to one of these?

Thanks!
67 Comet
No power steering, 4-wheel drum brakes, 5 gears 'n' 400 + horsepower...
...hell yea it's fun

Ojohnny

Re: Does anyone know.....

Post by Ojohnny »

I would think the Fairlaine would be the same,I thought they share the same unibody. Can't imagine they would change much for one year, you can always send em back if there not. Or you could get that cool electric bench seat and dash pad. :wink: I like my bench seat, then again mine runs alittle slower than yours.

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Johno

B_Hix

Post by B_Hix »

Poboyjo - funny, I bet I have checked ebay at leat 50 times for buckets that would work - so many times I quit checking, then you produce a link to a set , lolz. Sigh. I like them, but by the time I got them reconfigured/rebuilt/updated I'm thinking I'd be into them for more than a set of 'racing style' buckets - looks like foam would be 300 for 2 seats, and upholstery ~250-300. The Fairlane seats would sure look better and be nicer on a long trip tho. His auction ends in ~30 minutes, but he's got 18 bids - gr. Zero bids I'd email him and lowball him. :mrgreen:

John - hey stranger :mrgreen: Glad your still 'round, been awful quiet latley. I have no issues with a bench at all - it'd sure save some headache to be able to use one, but my t-5 trans/short throw shifter wouldn't work with it :cry: - Your car is definatley faster John - mine's in peices so you win :mrgreen:

I'm inclined to think a 66 Fairlaine bracket would work, but man you never know... Was hoping to see "suuure that 66 bracket will work!" Corbeaus are danged expensive, but they are the only one's I can find that even get close with a bracket for a sliding bucket. :cry:
67 Comet
...hell yea it's fun

Ojohnny

Post by Ojohnny »

Suuure that 66 bracket will work! :mrgreen:

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

the link I put up was at $167 this morning. but it said it fit both years,which, another one also says same:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1966-1967-Fairl ... 83&vxp=mtr
I dont know if this is true or not, but is a good sign they interchange. jegs has a lowback set of buckets I was leaning towards,only in black.pro 90 series 1400:
http://www.jegs.com/ECatalog/full.asp?page=253
it says sliders come with them & adapter bracket available for most cars. bottom right corner of page. any color you want as long as its black!
Johno

B_Hix

Post by B_Hix »

Ojohnny wrote:Suuure that 66 bracket will work! :mrgreen:
lolz...like 99.99% right? Means we really dont know :mrgreen:

PoboyJo I think I'll give Jegs a call and hit 'em up on those brackets. My seats, frankly are wasting away fast with the dry rotted foam coming out when I sit on em. I think my butt has sunk about 3" into the seat since I bought the car :mrgreen: The previous owner kept the car outside in Texas and the sun bleached one seat from red to more orange.
67 Comet
...hell yea it's fun

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

scAT SEATS ARE EXCELLENT. Oops, cap button. I just ordered another set of Pro 90 series 1300 for my Manx project. If you're gonna have the rear recovered I'd order the extra material from Scat because on the white seats I bought the grain was unique and they are the only ones with it.

LR
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

B_Hix

Post by B_Hix »

Lip Ripper wrote:scAT SEATS ARE EXCELLENT. Oops, cap button. I just ordered another set of Pro 90 series 1300 for my Manx project. If you're gonna have the rear recovered I'd order the extra material from Scat because on the white seats I bought the grain was unique and they are the only ones with it.

LR
thanks man - good advice! This is on the do list - behind the 9" rear and getting a functional hood/scoop on the car
67 Comet
...hell yea it's fun