AutoKrafters

The Big Comets
B_Hix

AutoKrafters

Post by B_Hix »

ZERO luck with these guys....waited almost 3 weeks for a glovebox liner - catalog and website say 67...show up with a label, 1966...a full two inches too narrow. What is sad is the issue is not this one part - this is the second time it has happended with the same item. Thought maybe the first time they just sent the wrong part or something...clearly no, the issue is a bad part or bad information being given to them about what it will fit.

It goes on. Tried to order a ignition switch and lock cylinder from them in the same order - catalog says it's the right part for my car - go to the website, add to the cart and a big warning pops up saying it won't work for the 67... So I email them and make them aware of the conflict and they come back and say 'sorry' - it'll work. No thanks - not going to take the chance... Go with the sure bet (glove box liner) and wait 3 weeks for something that doesn't fit.

Also got some ill fitting trunk filler boards and a trunk mat from them (about a year ago). I called them, lady answers and says we have sold 'lots of them and never had a problem' - had to send her pictures showing her the poor fit to get her to agree to take the item back.

Hope you folks have had better luck with them than I have - not impressed.
67 Comet
No power steering, 4-wheel drum brakes, 5 gears 'n' 400 + horsepower...
...hell yea it's fun

Lip Ripper

Re: AutoKrafters

Post by Lip Ripper »

In the immortal words of Gomer Pyle; fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

LR
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

383MERC

Post by 383MERC »

I ordered a pair of rear leafspring shackles and they sent me one. I called the guy and he says they are all sold in pairs except the one you ordered. They are individual. Who the heck would order one shackle? And why would they sell one style in pairs and the other style as singles? I don't know that i ever got a order complete from them. There's always something out of stock.
1963 Comet S-22 Drag Car
1964 Fairlane 2 door sedan T-Bolt Clone
2007 Shelby GT
1989 LX 5.0 Convertible

B_Hix

Post by B_Hix »

'....yea they are off my list
67 Comet
No power steering, 4-wheel drum brakes, 5 gears 'n' 400 + horsepower...
...hell yea it's fun