66 Headlight bucket issue

The Big Comets
dcducks1

66 Headlight bucket issue

Post by dcducks1 »

Was replacing the bottom drivers side headlight and was having a problem getting it back together. I took off the chrome ring which was held on by two screws and detached a little clip on the left side. I got the light changed out but when I went to put it all back together, the little clip kept falling out. It is help on by a spring on one side and a clip on the other. Is this clip supposed to be part of the bucket? Does anyone know where I could get another clip?

Dave

Comechero65

Re: 66 Headlight bucket issue

Post by Comechero65 »

If the 66 has the same headlight parts as a 65 comet I think the outside headlight on a 69 mustang uses the same hardware. If so get either whole bucket or maybe that clip is available by itself. Not absolutely sure on this but I think the bulb and bucket are the same size. Don't know if the trim ring attaches by a spring or a screw. Maybe someone familiar with a 69 mustang would know.
Ron

trojan

Post by trojan »

Send me a pic in a text form of what you need and I get it off a junk car,, just pay shipping,,651-238-0659

dcducks1

Post by dcducks1 »

Sorry Trojan, I just saw your posting. I appreciate the offer, I found a couple out of Canada on eBay and put them in last night. I can finally turn the lights on and it doesn't look like I am looking for critters in the trees.

Dave

trojan

Post by trojan »

Glad you got it fixed,, keep my # if you need any smalls.