Interior help

The Big Comets
dcducks1

Interior help

Post by dcducks1 »

I am looking to replace my dash pad and my arm rests but not having much luck. I did find a company called Just Dashes but they want $1200 for a dash and another $185 to color it blue for me. Thats a little steep right now. Any other options out there for dash pads and arm rests? Are there other armrests or door handles from different models that will fit/work?

Dave

Comechero65

Re: Interior help

Post by Comechero65 »

dcducks1 wrote:I am looking to replace my dash pad and my arm rests but not having much luck. I did find a company called Just Dashes but they want $1200 for a dash and another $185 to color it blue for me. Thats a little steep right now. Any other options out there for dash pads and arm rests? Are there other armrests or door handles from different models that will fit/work?

Dave
What year and model? If it's a 65 a dash pad for a 64/65 falcon may fit. You can re-dye it yourself.
Ron

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

Ron;this is the 66/67 Comet thread!!! ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

dcducks1

Post by dcducks1 »

Sorry, its a '66 Capri 4 door.

Dave

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

Ok I thought it might be a 65. Obviously 66/67 are different.
Ron

Groover

Post by Groover »

Seems to me I've seen replacement dash's for about $200 but they usually come in only a couple of colors. Armrests are available as well aren't they at Ecklers?
1964 Comet Caliente Convertible
30,000 miles on our rebuild

All Comets start out as dreams...

dcducks1

Post by dcducks1 »

Sorry to take so long to reply. I bought a Dash Mat from Advance Auto for around $60. I was very impressed by the quality and cut of this product. You have to like a $60 fix for a $1500 problem. Don't think I will be replacing the dash pad anytime soon.

Dave

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

dcducks1 wrote:Sorry to take so long to reply. I bought a Dash Mat from Advance Auto for around $60. I was very impressed by the quality and cut of this product. You have to like a $60 fix for a $1500 problem. Don't think I will be replacing the dash pad anytime soon.

Dave
REPLACED the dash pad on my 64 way back in the 90's,even on it ,,that was a female street walker's worst night mare,,it was a chore !! POP
pop/glenda

dcducks1

Post by dcducks1 »

Pop, mine looks like it would be a pretty good ass whoopin to remove and replace. I'm not scared of a good ass whoopin, but the price is a little steep for a $2200 driver.

Dave

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

dcducks1 wrote:Pop, mine looks like it would be a pretty good ass whoopin to remove and replace. I'm not scared of a good ass whoopin, but the price is a little steep for a $2200 driver.

Dave
YES,I agree,thats way to much...pop
pop/glenda

dcducks1

Post by dcducks1 »

Im looking to replace the headliner and was wondering if anyone knows where the little trim can be found that goes along the front and rear windows. I can find the headliner material easy enough. Just cant find the trim pieces to finish the job!

Dave