Can anyone help? 66 Comet Cyclone GT

The Big Comets
Derek

Can anyone help? 66 Comet Cyclone GT

Post by Derek »

Hello,

Sorry to make this a first post, but I'm on the hunt for my fathers Comet. He purchased this new in 1966 for $3133.59 in Madison, Indiana. He sold it in 1969 at a dealership in Louisville, KY, he has regretted that decision for as long as I've been around (I'm over 40 myself). It had the 390 3-speed, Chromed out engine, fiberglass hood, etc, etc. I believe it was the 'S' code if I'm reading the VIN (Id number) correctly. It was white with the red stripe on bottom with red interior. I have a picture that I'll also post later.

Here is the MFG Identication Number (VIN):
6H26S584002

If anyone has run across a similar car or might know of a way to help me track it down, I would be forever in your debt. My father is getting up in years and this would mean the world to him, I know it's a long shot but I'm exhausting all avenues, I have a friend running the VIN through the police database for Indiana and Kentucky to see if it's alive and if it's in one of those states.

Again, sorry to make this my first post, I've always loved my father telling stories how he would 'whip' his buddy's 66 GTO with the 389 drag racing all the time. And numerous stories of him and my mother driving and enjoying that car. If I can't find this one, I would still be on the hunt for a similar car.

Thanks for any help anyone might be able to offer,

Derek

mvance30

Re: Can anyone help? 66 Comet Cyclone GT

Post by mvance30 »

have you ran a carfax to see where its registered? I would do that then go from there.